Honda Fury Forums: banner

161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
has anyone in VA. had any problems with having the license plate mounted on the swing arm. is it against the law?
I read the statute on this before fabricating an inspection mount for mine and the law states that the sticker must be displayed and visible from the front of the bike.
Take a look at mine, I attached the sticker mount to the gear shift peg assembly bolts. I fab'd it out of an old license plate and sprayed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Spotted a black Fury on Centreville road with horizontal side mount plate.. Looking good!
I was on the bike on Centerville Rd ! In PA lol

·
Registered
958 Posts
has anyone in VA. had any problems with having the license plate mounted on the swing arm. is it against the law?
Misread this originally and thought you were asking about inspection plate.. With regard to license plate I read that the requirement is just that the plate be in the rear and clearly visible. It doesn't necessarily say anything to the effect that vertical side mounting is illegal but from searching online I read others in VA that have gotten fix-it tickets for vertical mounted plates.. Horizontal mount may be another story and should be fine.. I'm actually looking into this mod and the requisite de-beaver now..
Hope this helps..

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
EAST COAST of AUSTRALIA......

Any Fury riders on the east coast of Australia (East Coast Fury Riders) please look at the run in September (17th) from Sydney to Canberra. It's the police remembrance ride (Wall to Wall). Last year saw over 2,000 bikes on the run.... and ONLY 2 Fury's!

Wall to Wall Ride | Ride for Remembrance

161 - 180 of 203 Posts