Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well change O plans but just rented a pad in Cornelius N.C. Move in the 26th of Jan. Found out there is a BBQ joint next door that has Bike nite how cool is that !! I will be across the street from Michael Waltrip Racing 77 exit 28 for the NC guys can't wait to hook up with NC guys and start riding,...........:D

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Stop in Indy on your way

·
Registered
309 Posts
is that Mac's bar and grill....if so, sweet place!

Good luck traveling, and drop a line when you get settled in! I'm about half an hour south east of you.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Pretty far away from this guy, like 5-6 hours. UNless you come this way or I decide to buy a trailer, I hope you have a safe trip . I dont travel on the bike over 100 miles at one time, had 3 back surgeries and the L4,L5,S1 is all fused together along with 2 cut spinal tendons, I love to ride but thats a long trip for me.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Well, hopefully... you'll have the seat done by then... rotfl... whaaaattt, did I just say that :p

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats funny, :D I will be keeping my trailer and plan on some trips to the coast ....cuz this boy aint got no iron ass..............:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
sea dawg, I am out here with wild bill in Jacksonville. if you get to the coast some time you have to let bill and I know. he has a great bunch of guys he rides with, we can set something up. if not, I do have an iron ass I will run the 5 hours to see you. hell I did 13 hours to Cleveland on the fury in October.:eek:

nice to have a another blue fury out here. Welcome to the NC.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Well if yer stopping in Indy to see MFR, you might as well stop in Vandalia, OH. I’m about 2 hours east of him on I-70. Are you going to be able to hook up with us when I come to SD January 8th – 12th?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
it may be now but I plan to do 3 11 hour days to get to sturgis.
thats wht it took to get there 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damm, 7 months no job and got 2 offers today for work in the N.C.and i'm not there yet..:D Hopefully things work out and i can hit the groung running out there.........

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
sounds great, see you when you get here.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Well, hopefully... you'll have the seat done by then... rotfl... whaaaattt, did I just say that :p
SEat,,lmao I already did my seats, was like the 1st thing I did, I havent found a ride on any seat that doesnt put pressure on my tail bone which is where im fused, what I do is, I ride 40 miles,,get off the bike walk around,,stretch,,then go 40 more. I have gone 60 miles in one pop and literally couldnt get off my bike, when I went to lift my leg up to get off bike I could feel the pain in my lower back so bad. Im not giving up on something I love,,it does kill me but for even a 40 mile ride im thrilled, and around here 40 miles is all open road, not stop and go so its worth it. :D But red that was funny,,lmao

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
sea dawg, I am out here with wild bill in Jacksonville. if you get to the coast some time you have to let bill and I know. he has a great bunch of guys he rides with, we can set something up. if not, I do have an iron ass I will run the 5 hours to see you. hell I did 13 hours to Cleveland on the fury in October.:eek:

nice to have a another blue fury out here. Welcome to the NC.:cool:
Thanks for the nice comments Steve:D

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
SEat,,lmao I already did my seats, was like the 1st thing I did, I havent found a ride on any seat that doesnt put pressure on my tail bone which is where im fused, what I do is, I ride 40 miles,,get off the bike walk around,,stretch,,then go 40 more. I have gone 60 miles in one pop and literally couldnt get off my bike, when I went to lift my leg up to get off bike I could feel the pain in my lower back so bad. Im not giving up on something I love,,it does kill me but for even a 40 mile ride im thrilled, and around here 40 miles is all open road, not stop and go so its worth it. :D But red that was funny,,lmao
I feel your pain Bill, I am in the same boat as you with my back since my accident but there are many others out than worst off than me so I can't complain. I try to keep my rides at no more than 100 miles at a time. I have a couple of different seats that I swap out for long rides but it only helps a little. I've been thinking about getting a trailer to put the bike on to get out to some of the events across the country that I would like to attend that are to far of a riding distance away on the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments Steve:D
Thanks for the ride. I just got a message from a couple of members tht are comming this way and want to hook-up for a ride, I told them you and I could get something together. maybe up to morehead for lunch.

I read these posts and all of a sudden I don't feel so old.
I do 140 stop for gas and right back on the road.
like I said a couple of posts back I will be doing 3 11 hour days to get to sturgis.:D

·
Registered
893 Posts
Drop a line when your settled in... Need to get some custom paint on that thing before spring!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Drop a line when your settled in... Need to get some custom paint on that thing before spring!
As far as paint im really just looking to do some real faint grey ghost flames on the tank (Real light) and air brush Fury Customs on the rear fender (Fury in the honda font with customs in smaller impact letters) also in grey

1 - 20 of 32 Posts