Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok wish i could post pictures but the mechanical minds out there will get it. I used a brake spring pliers (Has that nice 90 degree hook) Vice grips and a hammer ! Hooked the plier hook into the baffle, clamped the vice grip to the plier handel and with a couple of swings against the vice grip BAM baffles on the ground...:D

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damm....Just took her for a ride no baffles...:eek:...a lot of car alarms lol gotta luv it.....set at 1-2-2 per 460s recomendation will try to get out tommorrow and shake her down............:D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Did you pick up a more low end bass kinda sound or just more overall loudness? Kinda hard to explain but i used to have a v8 trans am that had exhaust cutouts that would bypass the cats and mufflers and when you opened them up, it was more obnoxious than cool. At idle it sounded cool but as soon as you got to cruising speed it was just "BLAAAAT".

Reason im asking is i had a thread on here about when i had my factory pipes on but removed the mufflers, as an experiment before i pounded on my new swepts. Long story short, backfired as soon as i touched the throttle so i didn't mess with it too much. Tweaking the fi2000r didn't help either.

Really would like to get a even better sound out of this thing!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Really would like to get a even better sound out of this thing!
Kinda' difficult, if not impossible, to achieve that deep, rumbling sort of sound from relatively small, constant diameter pipes, with out resorting to a resonating chamber, which would screw-up the whole appearance of the pipes. Now, if your pipes were 6-inches in diameter.......................

Cheers

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Kinda' difficult, if not impossible, to achieve that deep, rumbling sort of sound from relatively small, constant diameter pipes, with out resorting to a resonating chamber, which would screw-up the whole appearance of the pipes. Now, if your pipes were 6-inches in diameter.......................

Cheers
this can be achieved ... buy a set of Vipers! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

Cheers
so, the wider the exhaust 'tube' the deeper the sound?
I looked at Viper and Viper-2...they appear to be 2 into 1, type.
That single exhaust would need to be at least twice as wide as the two pipes coming out of the manifold to achieve any type of bass response: yes/no?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.