Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won an auction for an FI2000r today for 99 bucks - I've been wanting to pick one up but am trying to practice being a cheap skate... says new in box (opened) so I guess there is some risk... but heck, what's life without risk!

I guess this clears the way to start hunting for a deal on a Big Air kit... this might take a while!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Good to hear you got a good deal on a FC, Hopefully it comes to you in good shape and no issues.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
it is the CA version... will this be a huge prob?
Sorry to hear that, G-D. Were you aware that the CA model comes pre-set and you can't adjust it? Being able to adjust the fuel ratio/s is kinda' the whole point of installing an after-market Fuel-Controller. My two-bits.........

Cheers

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It finally arrived today - quick & easy installation. First ride out I noticed a few things... (have Cobra slips and stock air intake)

1. my backfire on decel is all gone, give or take a rare pop here and there... like 2 single's on a short five mile ride. It wasn't horrible before, but was there once the bike warmed up... almost all gone now.

2. A bit more pick-up on hard acceleration - not a ton, but definitely noticeable.

I'm doing a longer ride tonight - it's Harley night at Industry Speedway... so I'll get a bit of freeway riding in and see how it does wide open up top.

The instructions say it does nothing under normal riding but kicks in on hard acceleration and at the upper gears like freeway riding ... so far I'm happy with it for 100 bucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts