Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for updated first hand knowledge on ECU that has been reflashed,, updates, how does it run.? is it reliable? any info will be greatly appreciated... anyone selling 1 maybe?

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Looking for updated first hand knowledge on ECU that has been reflashed,, updates, how does it run.? is it reliable? any info will be greatly appreciated... anyone selling 1 maybe?
Unfortunately the forum is kinda low on participation since they redid the site. Not nearly as many people around here anymore.

You probably already know that I am biased because I am the one that got the whole ECU reflash started with these bikes... BUT.

The reflash is definitely the most reliable option available because it doesn't use anything aftermarket, like extra wires, connectors, "brain boxes", etc., so there is really nothing to go wrong unless your ECU craps out which is highly unlikely.

Not sure if you seen this thread or not...

Here is a short list of some of the guys that have been flashed and are still somewhat active around here...

@WI_Hedgehog has my old/original ECU.
@Tknj99
@krashDH
@TurcoLoco
@Rope

Maybe they will chime in here.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Unfortunately the forum is kinda low on participation since they redid the site. Not nearly as many people around here anymore.

You probably already know that I am biased because I am the one that got the whole ECU reflash started with these bikes... BUT.

The reflash is definitely the most reliable option available because it doesn't use anything aftermarket, like extra wires, connectors, "brain boxes", etc., so there is really nothing to go wrong unless your ECU craps out which is highly unlikely.

Not sure if you seen this thread or not...

Here is a short list of some of the guys that have been flashed and are still somewhat active around here...

@WI_Hedgehog has my old/original ECU.
@Tknj99
@krashDH
@TurcoLoco
@Rope

Maybe they will chime in here.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hello
i had the ECU reflashed and my bike runs ok Did i feel a big difference nothing special but it does idle lower and runs ok i have not been on for over a year its a shame this forum is going quiet there was some great guys with a lot of knowledge i still have my bike but not driven for a year as i been on a new bmw s1000r sport but i love my fury
AS FOR THE REFLASH GO FOR IT LEVELS THINGS OUT

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Hello
i had the ECU reflashed and my bike runs ok Did i feel a big difference nothing special but it does idle lower and runs ok i have not been on for over a year its a shame this forum is going quiet there was some great guys with a lot of knowledge i still have my bike but not driven for a year as i been on a new bmw s1000r sport but i love my fury
AS FOR THE REFLASH GO FOR IT LEVELS THINGS OUT
Really... nothing special???... maybe compared to that S1000r... lol

Is this the same @clik ...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I did mine at about 600 to 1000 miles after buying the bike. At the same time I put on the Kuryakyn Velociraptor intake and Hacker Reaper pipes. Single best modification I have done. A tone more power. the added torque is awesome. The HP is nice, but I am interested in the torque. Fan come on lower which is great, I lowered the idle to either 700 or 750, which is nice. Reliable? It's a Honda. Stone cold reliable. I have not once regretted doing this upgrade.

My personal participation here is down, it isn't riding weather, my bike spends most of it's time in the bike shed. I'm busy as fuck, I work 4 10's then have my grandson 2 days. So I don't have a lot of spare time....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did mine at about 600 to 1000 miles after buying the bike. At the same time I put on the Kuryakyn Velociraptor intake and Hacker Reaper pipes. Single best modification I have done. A tone more power. the added torque is awesome. The HP is nice, but I am interested in the torque. Fan come on lower which is great, I lowered the idle to either 700 or 750, which is nice. Reliable? It's a Honda. Stone cold reliable. I have not once regretted doing this upgrade.

My personal participation here is down, it isn't riding weather, my bike spends most of it's time in the bike shed. I'm busy as fuck, I work 4 10's then have my grandson 2 days. So I don't have a lot of spare time....
I worked 4-10s a long time ago for the teamsters union, warehouse work and thank you for the response

·
Registered
948 Posts
I got mine reflashed a few years back. As far a reliability, its rock-solid, no worries there. It's best to get the reflash right at the start after changing intake/pipes (intake especially) instead of wasting money with a fuel controller piggy-back that will always have the potential of failing or wire connection issues, etc. As far as performance goes, i do recall it being a bump up in power when i transitioned from the FI2000r but like everything else over time i've grown accustomed to the power level. One of the best aspects like mentioned is being able to lower the idle, that was a very nice bonus (im at 750rpm, it sounds great and never had any stalling issues)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you all use the same guy to do the reflash I looked at the Kbuskill post on it.. I am very interested in it that is for sure I am a torque junkie and I ride it everyday (primary vehicle at the moment).. dont want to destroy it.. I love the bike and it is a work in progress,which you all know very well it looks like. I am kind of OCD about stuff..

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes, Don Guhl does all of the ecu reflash work. He was very helpful when i initially called and answered all of my questions and the shipping/receiving procedure was fast and issue-free for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had mine reflashed 3 years ago and the bike runs great, no issues. Lots more torque, fan comes on sooner, and I like the lower idle (750). Without a doubt a very worthwhile upgrade. Even more importantly, I highly recommend replacing the stock battery with the EarthX ETX36C lithium battery as it will solve the hot engine restart issue. Even though it costs $380.00, it is worth every penny!!! Bike fires right up without issue every single time. Nothing more aggravating than a bike that won't start, especially in the middle of traffic. Not anymore!

I'm only dreaming but Honda should issue some sort of service bulletin saying that the stock battery is not powerful enough and to replace it with a good quality Lithium battery with higher CCA's than the stock battery. IMHO

Here's a link regarding the battery

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, Don Guhl does all of the ecu reflash work. He was very helpful when i initially called and answered all of my questions and the shipping/receiving procedure was fast and issue-free for me.
take about a week?? I am still waiting on speedo bracket so I am thinking about it...

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
take about a week?? I am still waiting on speedo bracket so I am thinking about it...
If you overnight it to him he will flash it the day he receives it, as long as it is Mon - Fri, and overnight it back the same day... so in theory 3 days if its during the work week.

It's best to call him and verify that he will be in the shop before shipping as he sometimes travels out of town to do custom tuning for Rickey Gadson's bikes... RICKEY GADSON – 11X Professional World Champion/ Teacher/ Speaker/ Expert/ Personality

do you need to block off pair valves ??
Need to? Not necessarily, but it will eliminate most, if not all, decel popping... depending on pipe length. Shorter pipes are more prone to decel popping.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you overnight it to him he will flash it the day he receives it, as long as it is Mon - Fri, and overnight it back the same day... so in theory 3 days if its during the work week.

It's best to call him and verify that he will be in the shop before shipping as he sometimes travels out of town to do custom tuning for Rickey Gadson's bikes... RICKEY GADSON – 11X Professional World Champion/ Teacher/ Speaker/ Expert/ Personality

Need to? Not necessarily, but it will eliminate most, if not all, decel popping... depending on pipe length. Shorter pipes are more prone to decel popping.
I have vance&hinse slip-ons not sure how good they are compared to 2into1 exhaust.. are you in NW Fl?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im not sure where the N-W line is I am in Panama city beach.. was on the city side till that hurricane took everything.. still in recovery mode

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
It took about that with shipping time for mine. Can't promise you anything with the current situation. I'd call him, make sure they are there, and doing work. As I remember, he typically calls you when he gets it, just to verify what you want done.

do you need to block off pair valves ??
I didn't. And I really don't have much decel popping, and my pipes are very short.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts