Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just what i asked, is the ECU Reflash worth it? any better gas mileage? any more power? what are the advantages & what does it cost now to have it done? who does it? i have the cobra fuel controller that adjusts automatically, what benefits is there to the reflash over just a fuel controller?

·
Registered
345 Posts
just what i asked, is the ECU Reflash worth it? any better gas mileage? any more power? what are the advantages & what does it cost now to have it done? who does it? i have the cobra fuel controller that adjusts automatically, what benefits is there to the reflash over just a fuel controller?
Strange post from a long time member I would have thought you would know this ?

This will help you :grin:

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...t/67354-holy-grail-ecu-reflash-condensed.html

·
Registered
505 Posts
YES YES YES

Hey Nitro!! Yeah. Theres no comparison.... must be done....!!!.. the ECU flash can be done by Don Guhl, and will include lifetime adjustments... basically you are advancing timing, which stretches the gear, adjusting the temp setting so fan comes on 20* earlier (extends engine life), you can lower the factory 933 idle, some go down to 600... fair compromise is 750/800, and throttle response is UNBELIEVABLE!! The flash will also push the rev limiter way out, so if you need to pull out into traffic fast, you probably cant twist it far enough after reflashing to get it to cut off...

Its a 15-30 minute removal of ECU, overnight to Guhl with specs and they will call to confirm specs/credit card info, and do it within 24-48 hrs and overnight it back.. a 30-60 minute reinstall ( coz you want to ‘re-learn’ the ecu afger you putit back in. Steps are in the thread). . its the best 5 day downtime you will ever have for ROI!!

The specs he has are dynotuned, so you can just let him use those, or customize it how u like....
Chat up @Kbuskill, as he is the Grand reflash master.

:flamebike: :flamebike:

HTH,
JJ (bluej)

·
Registered
505 Posts
As for milege, i personlly didnt see a significant pick up there, but def no loss, at least! Plus he will flash it to your exhaust 2-2, 2 into 1, etc.

I never had an FC, i went right into the flash, so i cant speak to differences there, but guys who did go from a FC said night and day...

I paid $375 plus like $20 for overnight shipping

Don guhl: Guhl Motors in PA...

Again, @Kbuskill is a great forum POC...he is the one who started it all for us forum members with Don Guhl

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The only regret you will get is: " why didn't I do this sooner?"

BTW I am getting an increase of about 10% on my miles per gallon and at least 100% on my smiles per gallon.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

Yes it's worth it. I also get about 10% better MPG. Not much but you asked. Go to the link, it's 375 plus shipping. I sent mine out on Monday I think I had it on Friday. My personal preference is to let the Honda ECU control things, not to have a spliced in FC that is attempting to override the ECU. Plus you get a lower idle if you want, fan comes on lower if you want, and like Jo said the rev limiter either raised or eliminated. There is no downside to it. Hands down the best mod I have done.

Reactions: Kbuskill

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
The first mod I made, well besides removing the reflectors, was the ECU flash. If it weren't for the reflash, comparing the Fury to prior bikes I owned, I would have sold my Fury.:serious:

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
i haven't been on here in a long time, i seen the threads but my lord i hated to sift all the way through them.
If you check out the link in my signature it will take you to the condensed version of the reflash thread which is a much more manageable read and it has all the pertinent info you will need.

Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Makes it a whole different animal.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you check out the link in my signature it will take you to the condensed version of the reflash thread which is a much more manageable read and it has all the pertinent info you will need.

Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Makes it a whole different animal.
I just realized that on a mobile device, if you don't select (menu, request desktop site) that you cannot see signatures at all.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I just realized that on a mobile device, if you don't select (menu, request desktop site) that you cannot see signatures at all.
it will work if you stand 1 legged on a dining chair :wink:

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Make sure it's the right leg and hold it up in the air.>:)>:)>:)
True but you have to fart while you hold your right leg in the air or it won't work. A black bean taco helps a lot if your low on gas...... My ex banned me from having a black bean tacos, especially after a burrito. :frown:

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I have been reading this forum for a few months now, you guys have helped me a bunch already, but I would like to contribute if I can. Just got my ecu back today from Guhl Motors. My .02....definitely better acceleration, pulls significantly harder with plenty of low end torque. I left the idle alone, did the cooling fans and the 6100rpm limit. Top speed...its there, but its not mind blowing. I ran my fury up to 109mph (gps verified) before I ran out of room. It pulls slowly from about 103mph and on. Mind you im 5'10" and about 280lbs. I think its worth it, and guys might get even more amazing results with better pipes and intakes. IMO, definitely worth the money.
'10 Honda Fury with stock airbox and k&n filter, stock pipes with Vance and Hines slip ons.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
It just sounds less anxious...

... I left the idle alone...
Damn, man, the lower idle is one of my favorite parts of the reflash... If I ever send it back I'll probably drop it a little lower than 750rpm, but I'm too happy with it to send it for that reason alone.

If you change your intake and exhaust (more), you'll want to send yours back anyway. Just my two cents. Enjoy!

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
35 Posts
Side question, are you guys still running 87 octane after the flash? I know these are relatively low compression engines. Wondering if there is any benefit to running 89 now.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts