Honda Fury Forums: banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
YES YES YES

Hey Nitro!! Yeah. Theres no comparison.... must be done....!!!.. the ECU flash can be done by Don Guhl, and will include lifetime adjustments... basically you are advancing timing, which stretches the gear, adjusting the temp setting so fan comes on 20* earlier (extends engine life), you can lower the factory 933 idle, some go down to 600... fair compromise is 750/800, and throttle response is UNBELIEVABLE!! The flash will also push the rev limiter way out, so if you need to pull out into traffic fast, you probably cant twist it far enough after reflashing to get it to cut off...

Its a 15-30 minute removal of ECU, overnight to Guhl with specs and they will call to confirm specs/credit card info, and do it within 24-48 hrs and overnight it back.. a 30-60 minute reinstall ( coz you want to ‘re-learn’ the ecu afger you putit back in. Steps are in the thread). . its the best 5 day downtime you will ever have for ROI!!

The specs he has are dynotuned, so you can just let him use those, or customize it how u like....
Chat up @Kbuskill, as he is the Grand reflash master.

:flamebike: :flamebike:

HTH,
JJ (bluej)
I m curious to what bikes everyone is getting these results and if I would get the same on my 2014 fury 1300 with only an exhaust upgrade?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to high jack this...but what boat is that? looks to small to be a GP, i see it has uprights, is this an old unlimited Lights boat?

I m curious to what bikes everyone is getting these results and if I would get the same on my 2014 fury 1300 with only an exhaust upgrade?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Should I just go ahead and manually reset the IAC valve since I'm having a reflash? Will the reflash calibrate it upon initial startup?

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Should I just go ahead and manually reset the IAC valve since I'm having a reflash? Will the reflash calibrate it upon initial startup?
It's not required to manually reset it but it won't hurt anything either.

Just remember, the first time you start the bike up after installing the reflashed ECU, to not touch the throttle at all until the bike is up to operating temperature and the cooling fan turns on. Then shut the bike off and restart it and then you can ride it.

This process allows the ECU to relearn the IAC valve properly.

·
Registered
640 Posts
It's not required to manually reset it but it won't hurt anything either.

Just remember, the first time you start the bike up after installing the reflashed ECU, to not touch the throttle at all until the bike is up to operating temperature and the cooling fan turns on. Then shut the bike off and restart it and then you can ride it.

This process allows the ECU to relearn the IAC valve properly.
Ok, Thanks. I didn't want to have to take off that intake and cover. I have my garage door opener and all my indicator lights wired under it and it's a pain getting all that out of the way. By the way, what did you have your idle set to?

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Yeah, no more. I insured it for $500. It's just the aggravation of incompetent people.
I imagine getting the $500 out of them will be a long and painful process. They'll probably say you have to wait for some insane period of time in case it turns up somewhere.

·
Registered
295 Posts
YES YES YES

Hey Nitro!! Yeah. Theres no comparison.... must be done....!!!.. the ECU flash can be done by Don Guhl, and will include lifetime adjustments... basically you are advancing timing, which stretches the gear, adjusting the temp setting so fan comes on 20* earlier (extends engine life), you can lower the factory 933 idle, some go down to 600... fair compromise is 750/800, and throttle response is UNBELIEVABLE!! The flash will also push the rev limiter way out, so if you need to pull out into traffic fast, you probably cant twist it far enough after reflashing to get it to cut off...

Its a 15-30 minute removal of ECU, overnight to Guhl with specs and they will call to confirm specs/credit card info, and do it within 24-48 hrs and overnight it back.. a 30-60 minute reinstall ( coz you want to ‘re-learn’ the ecu afger you putit back in. Steps are in the thread). . its the best 5 day downtime you will ever have for ROI!!

The specs he has are dynotuned, so you can just let him use those, or customize it how u like....
Chat up @Kbuskill, as he is the Grand reflash master.

:flamebike: :flamebike:

HTH,
JJ (bluej)
i agree!!! I think it is the best thing you can do to the bike..

·
Registered
640 Posts
I imagine getting the $500 out of them will be a long and painful process. They'll probably say you have to wait for some insane period of time in case it turns up somewhere.
Any job I have ever had, if you make a mistake like that you would get fired. Not now, they pat you on the head and tell you to try to do better. Incompetence should be punishable by stoning.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts