Honda Fury Forums: banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Any job I have ever had, if you make a mistake like that you would get fired. Not now, they pat you on the head and tell you to try to do better. Incompetence should be punishable by stoning.
Really sad how taking pride in your work, or even yourself has become insignificant in today's world. The worldwide company that I just retired from would allow people to work everyday and their quality was a complete shit show with no real punishment enforced on them. As long as they have enough people that care and will fix all the issues for those that don't care, the beast continued to produce. Saddest part was there was only 3 things that will get you fired. You must show up every scheduled shift, on time, or you will point out rather quickly. You better be able to pass the drug test if you get injured while on the clock. You will not use offensive language, none, nada, zip. This was the real issue with quality. When I graduated high school 40 years and joined the workforce I learned if I screwed up enough times and made someone else work harder to correct my issues they would eventually find me and assure me that they would stick my head up my ass if I continued to do so. Snowflakes couldn't handle that today.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Guhl's motors is a great place to do business with. I spoke with, I think it was Rob, but he knew the issues with the US Post office loosing my package. He got it in Thursday afternoon (@3:00) and still completed the reflash and overnights it back so I can get it today (Friday). If anyone has extra money burning a hole in their pocket, spend it there.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Guhl's motors is a great place to do business with. I spoke with, I think it was Rob, but he knew the issues with the US Post office loosing my package. He got it in Thursday afternoon (@3:00) and still completed the reflash and overnights it back so I can get it today (Friday). If anyone has extra money burning a hole in their pocket, spend it there.
Glad to hear your ECU got delivered to Guhl's... (y)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think they just say that because they charge for overnight even tho' they know it'll be longer.
I remember a time when you paid for an advertised service and it wasn't fulfilled, it was considered illegal. Now it's a misunderstanding on the part of the consumer. The dumbing down of america is really testing my patience. These advertisements are pissing me off. You try to read a post and the advertisement will take over the screen. Perfect example, I'm in the middle of answering Boatwire's post and commercial about flippin dogs pop up. Screw this .

·
Registered
433 Posts
I remember a time when you paid for an advertised service and it wasn't fulfilled, it was considered illegal. Now it's a misunderstanding on the part of the consumer. The dumbing down of america is really testing my patience. These advertisements are pissing me off. You try to read a post and the advertisement will take over the screen. Perfect example, I'm in the middle of answering Boatwire's post and commercial about flippin dogs pop up. Screw this .
It's easier to put blame on someone else than to get up in an employees's grill about slackin'...hell...management is just as bad/worse....more money in...less work pay out

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
The Post office found my package, it was delivered today. Hopefully I'll have it by Monday.
Oh, they "found" it after you lodged a missing insurance claim. I bet some lazy snowflake forgot to put it in the right bag or left it on the wrong shelf. Typical these days. What a load of rubbish, why can't these people just do their job and stay off social media at work.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
You are not going to believe this but FedEx has misplaced my delivery back. This is unreal.
This is crazy! I think boatwire may be on to something. Just this month I had a master cylinder rebuild kit for my bike delivered, it got to Australia in 10 days but sat in an Australia post facility for six weeks before they bothered to deliver it to me. Somehow USPS managed to get it to Australia in reasonable time but what took Aust Post six weeks to get it across Sydney I'll never know.

I use DHL to get my parts to CA and back for chroming and they always get it delivered in 3 days both ways. Not sure if DHL do domestic shipping but if Fedex is stuffing up it might be worth checking DHL out.

·
Registered
2011 Fury
37 Posts
Being an owner of two different companies I expect ALL of my employees including myself to be on time, act professional, perform their duties in a manner which will benefit the company as well as be self reliant, independent and take pride in their work. I try my best to allow my people to do things their own way and I feel I pay what everyone is worth to the company. With that being said; Americans have lost something in the last couple of generations. I like to hire high school and college age kids to give them a chance to put some experience under their belts and keep payroll under control. However the past couple generations of kids are totally insane! They have no grasp of responsibility, don’t care how their work product comes out and thinks they deserve to be paid as if they had 30 years of experience. Not to mention NONE of them will get their hands dirty. The bigger the company the easier it is for these people to “skate” by and Unions have made firing people near impossible. Americans need to wake up.... not everyone is a brain surgeon or stock broker - the world needs mechanics, carpenters, plumbers, miners, etc. There’s too much entitlement and not enough accountability today. Sorry for the rant but all truths....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Being an owner of two different companies I expect ALL of my employees including myself to be on time, act professional, perform their duties in a manner which will benefit the company as well as be self reliant, independent and take pride in their work. I try my best to allow my people to do things their own way and I feel I pay what everyone is worth to the company. With that being said; Americans have lost something in the last couple of generations. I like to hire high school and college age kids to give them a chance to put some experience under their belts and keep payroll under control. However the past couple generations of kids are totally insane! They have no grasp of responsibility, don’t care how their work product comes out and thinks they deserve to be paid as if they had 30 years of experience. Not to mention NONE of them will get their hands dirty. The bigger the company the easier it is for these people to “skate” by and Unions have made firing people near impossible. Americans need to wake up.... not everyone is a brain surgeon or stock broker - the world needs mechanics, carpenters, plumbers, miners, etc. There’s too much entitlement and not enough accountability today. Sorry for the rant but all truths....
Right on the money with that rant!

·
Registered
235 Posts
RANT ON!!

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Everybody knows it is because of "The Virus" that shipping is so slow and everything is on backorder and customer service sucks... clearly. (He said sarcastically)

It amazes me how everyone blames their lack of customer service, or (insert whatever here)_
On the virus.... NO, it is just piss poor service, fess up to it... lol

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I shipped something on for my truck, USPS Priority, because based on the shipping times I would have it before the weekend. It took an entire extra week to get here. US Mail shipping has completely gone to shit in the last couple of years. Sad too, because that is the one place that they make money, and they make good money. Now I pick shipping that is either UPS or FedEx. Always.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I shipped something on for my truck, USPS Priority, because based on the shipping times I would have it before the weekend. It took an entire extra week to get here. US Mail shipping has completely gone to shit in the last couple of years. Sad too, because that is the one place that they make money, and they make good money. Now I pick shipping that is either UPS or FedEx. Always.
I hear what you are saying ... my salary was quite good ESPECIALLY IF I wanted to do some overtime! BUT, as you say, the USPS was going downhill and the quality of personnel was lacking so I quit a few years back because the writing was on the wall! (PLUS I was working my butt off because Management didn't care .... just a bunch of number crushers!)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just got my ECU in and relearned the IAC valve, took her for a ride. The most noticable difference is the idle, it's awesome and it takes a lot less throttle to do what it used too. It accelerates very quick and it's very smooth on acceleration and decel . I did pick up a little bit of popping on decel, but it sounds good. Not the same as pre-pairvalve removal. All in all it seems like a good investment.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts