Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Fury
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my bike a couple days ago and after drying it off it would cut on and off. When I turn the key to the on position, the lights etc blink on and off randomly. Bike turned on a couple times but then cuts off completely. Today I tried to start it. When I whack the handle bars or frame, the lights occasionally cut on or blink on for a second. Again, it’ll start eventually and cut off when electrics cut off. Sometimes when the lights are on, and I push the start button, electrics cut off. I have been riding and wrenching for a few decades so I didn’t think I wet anything I shouldn’t. The fuses are intact. I swapped the engine cut off relay with the fuel pump relay and it behaves the same. Any input would be appreciated.
37A946DC-0BC6-4B43-91FE-B87A8C42519C.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
3,089 Posts
  1. The problem affects the headlight and marker lights.
  2. The headlight and marker lights come on and stay on when the ignition key is in the ON position, unless the Start Button is being pushed.
  3. You are not pushing the Start Button nor does the starter motor start turning when the problem is occurring.
  4. The problem is most likely related to the ignition key, as moving parts are much more likely to fail than non-moving parts (generally).
Given the ignition housing is pretty accessible, I'd reach my hand behind it and gently wiggle while the problem is happening, trying to confine the motion to the ignition housing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd clean up where the electrical system grounds to the frame. I think...under the seat and beside the battery. But don't quote me. Boats do weird stuff like u described when not getting full power .due to bad contact often due to bad contact at the ground.
hopefully this helps

·
Registered
215 Posts
another boat mechanic i see, nice.. the key switch and or the start switch(button) on the handle bars. could be the problem..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts