Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the two covers Honda sells for the right side of the engine, the clutch and timing cover, but do they make a cover for the left side? I actually thought the clutch was on the left side, but the mechanic at the dealershop where I bought the bike said it was on the right. Do you think one of the covers they put on the right side would work on the left side?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone put a cover on the left side of the engine, by the gear shifter to
cover up the Honda?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Let us know if you figure anything out. I would like to put covers over both of the Hondas' on the engine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let us know if you figure anything out. I would like to put covers over both of the Hondas' on the engine.
Kuryakyn makes a set of 3 covers for sale through DirectLineParts.com, but I just measured the timing cover (small cover) on the other side of the bike and I am going to order another small timing cover. It should cover up the Honda and if centered correctly, look pretty good doing it.

In the mean time, I have de-stickered (rear fender, 1 swing arm, and tank) my bike and removed the Honda emblems on the chrome side covers. The hair dryer and WD40 worked very well. I can't remember who through that suggestion out but thanks to whom ever did. I left the reflectors on for the added safety benefit of being seen.

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
i saw a 4 peice cover set on e bay for 89.00.look under 1300 honda.good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
In the mean time, I have de-stickered (rear fender, 1 swing arm, and tank) my bike and removed the Honda emblems on the chrome side covers. The hair dryer and WD40 worked very well. I can't remember who through that suggestion out but thanks to whom ever did.
:cool: That would be me, first thing I did when I brought the bike home, debadge everything I could... :)

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered both the clutch and timing covers (factory Honda). The clutch cover came in right away but the finish on the billet was sh--, the timing cover is still on back order. I was hoping the timing cover is the right size for both sides of the motor, I will know more when it comes in. .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I put willie & max showstopper series covers on the cam, crank and small engine, made by pro one, the VTX 1300C ones work fine. Bought them seperate but they look great. cost a little more. The bolt fitments line up great

42-0230 - Willie & Max The ShowStopper Series Clutch Cover for VTX1300 (All)

42-0233 - Willie & Max The ShowStopper Series LH Small Engine Cover for VTX1300 (All)
So, did you order them in that order? (2) 42-0230 and (1) 42-0233

Thanks!

·
Registered
358 Posts
yip, I ordered

42-0231 - Willie & Max The ShowStopper Series Timing Cover for VTX1300 (All)

42-0233 - Willie & Max The ShowStopper Series LH Small Engine Cover for VTX1300 (All)

Part numbers 42-0030, 42-0031 and 42-0033

all three, came in all at once, good finish on em, easy stick on, a little tricky lining them up with stock bolts but made it look a lot better. the small engine one has 4 bolt line up different from the timing cover.

I debaged my fur except for the honda badge on the 3 tree.

Showstopper guys make front fork covers, don't go there, they don't fit the fury

I'll try to post some pics when I can, my fury doesn't sit in one place very long, love it

·
Registered
358 Posts
trying to post pics

·
Registered
358 Posts
Pics ?? not sure how to post the pics i'm a newbe to pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
It looks good! I ended up ordering the set of Kuryakyn covers from Phat Performance instead:

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Plastic :(

Cobra makes some billet ones that look the Kuryakyn covers, but one cover cost as much as all three plastic covers, besides, they're all held on by double sided tape ...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Willie and Max showstoppers are hard plastic stick on

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks really good Gary!!!! I am probably going with the same ones. Are they holding up well?

·
Registered
358 Posts
yeh, that are holding good, they come with complete circular red automotive stick on tape, holds tight all the way around the outside edges, I used some of the same stuff on my cruizer and so far no issues after a little over a year.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts