Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted-needed a footrest combination engine guard. I read here that the Lindby made for Sabre, etc will fit. So I tried it out. In the process I used an aftermarket air intake Baron with low profile to get Right foot to fit on the footrest. My 10.5 size boots just fit under the shifter and dont get tangled up in the Engine Guard on the left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know about the positioning. I got it on, looked at the foot controls, and said, I hope my toes fit the closeness. Luckily they do.

$235 shipped with 2W Cash Discount.
Yeah, if your shoes/boots fit thru, then that is fine.
$235 is a good deal because all the matching ones I saw were like $280+
Is this 2W place somewhere local? Do they have a web site?

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, if your shoes/boots fit thru, then that is fine.
$235 is a good deal because all the matching ones I saw were like $280+
Is this 2W place somewhere local? Do they have a web site?

Thanks.
2wheel dot com

enter SKU: 05051141 or lindby part #13913

I had to press the bar in at the attachment points about 3/4" for it to fit

·
Registered
356 Posts
drivinfast/460brevill,

I am debating between getting the forward controls on eBay which comes with footpegs for $404 or getting the highway bars with the pegs.
Would these crash/highway bars still work with the forward controls?
I was considering the crash bar option because it would provide a more stretched out foot rest for longer rides, at that point, I'd really need forward controls, am I wrong?
Stock control position is not too bad for around town rides but on the freeway going 70mph+ steady for more than 20 minutes and I started to get a little cramped.
Not sure if I really want them relocated 4.5" further out. Would it drastically change the ergonomics of the ride, for better or worse?
I am only 6'2" with about 33/34 inseam. Which set up would make more sense?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Really nice idea but $170? :crying: Talk about highway robbery! :hambugler:

Besides, I didn't see an option to filter make/model? :confuzed:

I would buy a separate ride and have one for long rides and my Fury for short rides and looking good before i would put highway bars on it. Can't even think of it. :)
Honestly, I agree, I don't care for the crash/highway bar look on the bike. I like it lean and mean.
I am actually going to be replacing those big o' turn lights with something much more "discreet".
I am debating between something like what 835 suggested or the $400 forward controls from RefinedCycle (Made in US).

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can't go wrong with those. I've found only one down fall and that is that you can't deploy them on the fly.... But I'm sure you would do something cool to fix that. LOL
I noticed the security latch in the groove and wondered if that was indeed the case.
Why would they design it that way? Makes no sense.

If I got them pegs, I would disable or remove that stupid latch and install a permanent magnet strip on the inside of the groove where the swinging piece goes into so it would hold it in place but would also allow the rider to open it with their heel when needed.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I noticed the security latch in the groove and wondered if that was indeed the case.
Why would they design it that way? Makes no sense.

If I got them pegs, I would disable or remove that stupid latch and install a permanent magnet strip on the inside of the groove where the swinging piece goes into so it would hold it in place but would also allow the rider to open it with their heel when needed.
I've thought about replacing the screw with something I can work with my foot.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've thought about replacing the screw with something I can work with my foot.
Initially, I did too. Like a piece sticking out that you could press or move but then realized this design could cause unintended operation as you are resting/moving your foot on the peg to operate the brake/clutch.
I think a very mild-ish magnet makes sense but it would need an opposing spring to keep it open or another magnet at the other end.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It is $153 on eBay! I wouldn't say no if someone was giving me a $17 (10%) discount!
:smile:
Please disregard the above link!

I found out that part # 4466 is the wrong one for Honda Fury even though Kuryakyn even shows on its own web site. I chatted with their online rep to clarify and the correct peg part number (rider/passenger) is: 4467

The required male adapter for Rider peg is 8815 and for passenger, it is 8818

In case someone else was interested on buying them.
:gentleman:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Please disregard the above link!

I found out that part # 4466 is the wrong one for Honda Fury even though Kuryakyn even shows on its own web site. I chatted with their online rep to clarify and the correct peg part number (rider/passenger) is: 4467

The required male adapter for Rider peg is 8815 and for passenger, it is 8818

In case someone else was interested on buying them.
:gentleman:
The adapters slide the pegs out about an inch or so. If that's not something you desire, theres https://www.wildbikers.com/shop-by-make-model/honda-fury/grips-footpegs-toe-pegs/product/view/106/453

1 - 20 of 25 Posts