Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a subject of debate that has risen the the congressional level, but it is ludacris that it has made it that far. I'm taking about the destruction of our national monuments that have defined our history. Good or bad, right or wrong, these are part of the growth of this great nation. Systematically erasing history and only keeping the parts that suit you will only create chaos and we are doomed to repeat it. The 4 million police officers in this country that protect the street are all being scrutinized by the 7 individuals you have seen in the news this year. A small minority of mob rule groups have snowballed into a "Tear down everything" legislation. I bet these people don't know about Mt. Rushmore or St. Augustine. They will have a heck of a time destroying Plymouth Rock. I have served in the military during wartime. My son has served during wartime, my brother has served during wartime and both grandfather's have served during wartime. Each of us in Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines, and to see all of this stupidity in the news makes me wonder why defend against foreign enemies when we have our own terrorists here ( a majority of them in Washington). One last bit before I end it. All of you pro athletes that refuse to stand during the National Anthem, you can kiss my ass.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
This thread sure has all the potential to become a real shit show. Let's see if we can keep it calm, and still talk!

Destruction of national monuments. Do you mean removal of statues dedicated to things like confederate war heroes? Slave owners and things like that? If you are, I have no issue with removing them. It's not like our history is actually tied to them. But I can see how having out front of the courthouse a constant reminder of things like that can be painful to peoples that actually suffered. If you mean something else, I am interested to hear.

Police? Yes, there is a very small minority (ironic eh?) of police officers in focus right now. The one guy that quite literally murdered George Floyd in front of witnesses while 3 of his brethren watched and actively prevented people from stopping the murder are not every cop. But police brutality is nothing new. Protests against police brutality were met with, police brutality. People standing alone peacefully of no threat to anyone shot in the face with rubber bullets, contrary to how they are supposed to be used. Old men shoved down. Far to many examples to post them all. And most examples were given narratives by the police designed to show how correct their actions were. Until actual proof came out. Then they walk back the story. Everybody talked about the old man in Buffalo shoved down causing bleeding from his ears, but nobody commented on the follow on cop that went to the news crew to force them to stop filming. Contrary to what we say this country is built on in my opinion. Here in Denver, we have a long history of brutal cops abusing the shit out of people. Then the city loses lawsuits and pays out big fucking dollars. And the brutal cop stays on the job. Brutality isn't new. It is just more obvious now that everybody has a HD camera with them all the time.

Politician. Assholes all of them. The one thing you can count on from your politician no matter the party, is to take care of themselves first.

Athletes. I honestly don't care if they kneel. It is a small protest that doesn't hurt me when they do it. My only real opinion on it is if the signed collective bargaining agreements that say they wouldn't do it, they are taking a risk to do it. But then I guess no protest is risk free. And while I am free to be ok with it, you are free to not like it. If it stops you from giving them any of your money, that is how it should work.

Thank you for your and your families service to the country! I always appreciate veterans!

Reactions: ECHO

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
This thread sure has all the potential to become a real shit show. Let's see if we can keep it calm, and still talk!

Destruction of national monuments. Do you mean removal of statues dedicated to things like confederate war heroes? Slave owners and things like that? If you are, I have no issue with removing them. It's not like our history is actually tied to them. But I can see how having out front of the courthouse a constant reminder of things like that can be painful to peoples that actually suffered. If you mean something else, I am interested to hear.

Police? Yes, there is a very small minority (ironic eh?) of police officers in focus right now. The one guy that quite literally murdered George Floyd in front of witnesses while 3 of his brethren watched and actively prevented people from stopping the murder are not every cop. But police brutality is nothing new. Protests against police brutality were met with, police brutality. People standing alone peacefully of no threat to anyone shot in the face with rubber bullets, contrary to how they are supposed to be used. Old men shoved down. Far to many examples to post them all. And most examples were given narratives by the police designed to show how correct their actions were. Until actual proof came out. Then they walk back the story. Everybody talked about the old man in Buffalo shoved down causing bleeding from his ears, but nobody commented on the follow on cop that went to the news crew to force them to stop filming. Contrary to what we say this country is built on in my opinion. Here in Denver, we have a long history of brutal cops abusing the shit out of people. Then the city loses lawsuits and pays out big fucking dollars. And the brutal cop stays on the job. Brutality isn't new. It is just more obvious now that everybody has a HD camera with them all the time.

Politician. Assholes all of them. The one thing you can count on from your politician no matter the party, is to take care of themselves first.

Athletes. I honestly don't care if they kneel. It is a small protest that doesn't hurt me when they do it. My only real opinion on it is if the signed collective bargaining agreements that say they wouldn't do it, they are taking a risk to do it. But then I guess no protest is risk free. And while I am free to be ok with it, you are free to not like it. If it stops you from giving them any of your money, that is how it should work.

Thank you for your and your families service to the country! I always appreciate veterans!
If I thought that removing the Confederate statues would ACTUALLY make a difference then I would be completely on board with it, but unfortunately it will not make any difference at all and once you give into 1 thing where does it stop? It will never be enough. The organization's that have infiltrated these peaceful protests, and caused them to no longer be peaceful, want nothing less than the complete overthrow of our nation because in there eyes it was flawed from the get go. You cannot negotiate with terrorists and come to an understanding.

The flip side of it is if seeing a Confederate statue is so disturbing to you because it reminds you of the "ugly past" then why not remove statue of civil rights leaders like MLK as that also reminds us of segregation? I mean if we are going to take things down to forget, or try to hide, our past let's get rid of all of them instead of picking and choosing... make it equal across the board, right?

As for the police. Yes there are bad cops, just like there are bad doctors and lawyers and teachers, etc. But I don't believe that it is a systemic problem across the board. A few bad apples spoil the bunch so to speak.

I have always thought race was a stupid thing to fight about. I didn't have any say so in what color I was born any more than anyone else did, so why make it an issue, we all bleed red... except me, I bleed red, white, and blue... lol

It's all about divide and conquer. The powers that be want to keep us divided. My question is at what point do we all come to the realization that I have never owned a slave and none of the people alive today were ever slaves so when can we finally get over it and move forward.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
If I thought that removing the Confederate statues would ACTUALLY make a difference then I would be completely on board with it, but unfortunately it will not make any difference at all and once you give into 1 thing where does it stop? It will never be enough. The organization's that have infiltrated these peacefully protests, and caused them to no longer be peaceful, want nothing less than the complete overthrow of our nation because in there eyes it was flawed from the get go. You cannot negotiate with terrorists and come to an understanding.

The flip side of it is if seeing a Confederate statue is so disturbing to you because it reminds you of the "ugly past" then why not remove statue of civil rights leaders like MLK as that also reminds us of segregation? I mean if we are going to take things down to forget, or try to hide, our past let's get rid of all of them instead of picking and choosing... make it equal across the board, right?

As for the police. Yes there are bad cops, just like there are bad doctors and lawyers and teachers, etc. But I don't believe that it is a systemic problem across the board. A few bad apples spoil the bunch so to speak.

I have always thought race was a stupid thing to fight about. I didn't have any say so in what color I was born any more than anyone else did, so why make it an issue, we all bleed red... except me, I bleed red, white, and blue... lol

It's all about divide and conquer. The powers that be want to keep us divided. My question is at what point do we all come to the realization that I have never owned a slave and none of the people alive today were ever slaves so when can we finally get over it and move forward.
Maybe if I cared about the confederate statues, I would care about if they pulled them. If I was from or in the south maybe it would matter to me? Don't honestly know. So to be honest I don't have strong feelings either way. But the difference between a statue of a slave owner that championed white rights over blacks vs a MLK statue however is pretty obvious.

In my opinion, one of the major problems with the police is that exactly the wrong kind of personality is attracted to it. People that like to exert control over others, get off on the power of it, shouldn't be cops. Toss in the concept of 'little people' meaning everybody that is not a cop, and the pressure of 'snitches get stitches', it is a rotten formula. At least here, it is far more than 'a few bad apples' in the police force. It goes all the way back to the '50's when DPD was running its own burglary ring, actually shutting down streets to rob stores, then coming back in the morning to take the reports. Do I think we need to do away with cops? No. But things need to change. Body cams that the cop doesn't control, release of the footage. Not at the whim of the 'chief' as their interests do not run to transparency. Get rid of 'qualified immunity'.

Reactions: Gizmo and Furi15

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Maybe if I cared about the confederate statues, I would care about if they pulled them. If I was from or in the south maybe it would matter to me? Don't honestly know. So to be honest I don't have strong feelings either way. But the difference between a statue of a slave owner that championed white rights over blacks vs a MLK statue however is pretty obvious.

In my opinion, one of the major problems with the police is that exactly the wrong kind of personality is attracted to it. People that like to exert control over others, get off on the power of it, shouldn't be cops. Toss in the concept of 'little people' meaning everybody that is not a cop, and the pressure of 'snitches get stitches', it is a rotten formula. At least here, it is far more than 'a few bad apples' in the police force. It goes all the way back to the '50's when DPD was running its own burglary ring, actually shutting down streets to rob stores, then coming back in the morning to take the reports. Do I think we need to do away with cops? No. But things need to change. Body cams that the cop doesn't control, release of the footage. Not at the whim of the 'chief' as their interests do not run to transparency. Get rid of 'qualified immunity'.
My statement about taking down MLK statues was to show the hypocrisy of the situation.

I don't want any MLK staues removed any more than a Confederate statue. The point is that you can't have it both ways. If a statue of Robert E. Lee brings up "memories"... (I say memories because no one alive remembers the civil war from actual/personal experience, only from what they have read/heard about it) that cause them anguish, thinking of what their ancestors endured, then shouldn't a statue of MLK bring up hurtful memories of the segregation that occurred prior to the '60's? And since this millenial generation is a bunch of snowflakes and can't deal with reality and need a safe space then why not irradicate all of our history, so as not to offend anyone?

I just think the whole thing is ludicrous. When you try to erase history or rewrite it then you are doomed to repeat it. We should and have learned from our mistakes in the past so when can we stop being crucified for the sins of our forefathers?

America is not perfect but it strives to be and it is far better than any other place on the planet, bar none in my opinion, and when you try to erase history all it does is cause more division not less.

As for the police, I think the biggest thing we could do for the better would be to get rid of the unions. The murderer that killed George Floyd had 17 or 18 prior complaints on his record. Why was he not kicked off of the force before this atrocity?

It's the same problem with bad teachers, and there are bad teachers, the unions protect them and it's almost impossible to fire them.

History and civics are not taught in public schools the way they used to be and so we have raised up a generation that doesn't understand the founding of our country or the rules that govern it or the way the system is supposed to work.

Also the hypocrisy of the "CHAZ" or "CHOP" zone or whatever they want to call it today. These people are fundamentally against the police and the rule of law but yet they build a wall around there "zone" (I thought walls were bad?) And they stop and search everyone coming in or going out (isn't that what the police were doing in certain "progressive" cities?).

I just dislike how this situation and movement that occurred due to a police officer killing an man which started out as a peaceful protest has been hijacked by anarchists. There are a lot of people, like myself, that are completely turned off by the looting and rioting. The people that are involved with all of that feel that they are justified in what they are doing because a cop killed a man but in reality they are burning down businesses and stealing from people that had absolutely nothing to do with that man's murder. Do.you think the people whose businesses have been destroyed are more or less like to help in the cause?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

[/QUO

Thank you. Your post is very honest and respectful and your opinion is respected also. We are still friends too. To bad Congress can't talk like this.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Thank you. Your post is very honest and respectful and your opinion is respected also. We are still friends too. To bad Congress can't talk like this.
It's to bad that Congress doesn't have term limits. I think that would make a huge difference in the way things happen in this country. I don't care what letter is behind their name, R or D, if you have been there longer than 2 terms then you need to leave. The founding fathers never intended for people to make a career out of politics. They all become corrupt after a certain period of time. There is simply too much money and favors thrown around up there by lobbyists and the like.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's to bad that Congress doesn't have term limits. I think that would make a huge difference in the way things happen in this country. I don't care what letter is behind their name, R or D, if you have been there longer than 2 terms then you need to leave. The founding fathers never intended for people to make a career out of politics. They all become corrupt after a certain period of time. There is simply too much money and favors thrown around up there by lobbyists and the like.
Amen to that brother. You are exactly right. That would solve a lot of the long term effects this country has felt.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
It's gone too far and apparently no one on either side cares enough to do shit about it. When a group of unlawful people are allowed to take over a portion of a city and nothing is done about it, it sure looks like the beginning of the end to me. Let them continue. Let them protest, riot, burn and loot. Let them destroy it all

Apparently, only the fall of the current society/civilization is going to change anything for the better.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's gone too far and apparently no one on either side cares enough to do shit about it. When a group of unlawful people are allowed to take over a portion of a city and nothing is done about it, it sure looks like the beginning of the end to me. Let them continue. Let them protest, riot, burn and loot. Let them destroy it all

Apparently, only the fall of the current society/civilization is going to change anything for the better.
I honestly think that is how our senators and congressman want it. They divide the masses, keep them fighting and you have several groups that gain momentum with their mob rule mentality legislating. Washington represenatives know they CAN NOT control a United people. The true "Power to the People" in in unification. The problem begins with the loudmouth that want his problem fixed right now, not addressing the root cause. We should start protesting because there is not a 1800CC Fury and we want the freakin' chrome put back on them. "Fury Riders Matter".

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
I honestly think that is how our senators and congressman want it. They divide the masses, keep them fighting and you have several groups that gain momentum with their mob rule mentality legislating. Washington represenatives know they CAN NOT control a United people. The true "Power to the People" in in unification. The problem begins with the loudmouth that want his problem fixed right now, not addressing the root cause. We should start protesting because there is not a 1800CC Fury and we want the freakin' chrome put back on them. "Fury Riders Matter".
I've never given the confederate flag much thought, but with this shit going on, I went shopping on line today. Many sites that sell flags, including confederate, say they have them, but when you click on them, it says, "Not currently available", or some shit like that. Good ol' Amazon though, you can apparently still buy a confederate flag there, big double sided, 3' x 5' for less than $20.00.

I don't really want one, but when stupid shit like this is happening, I like to go against it. I never really wanted to get an AR-15. Figured my AK-47 was good enough. A few years ago when some people got shot, the media was going overboard again, constantly saying that the AR-15 should be banned. I got so fucking sick of hearing it, I immediately went out and bought an AR-15. Thanks to the media, I now own a very nice semi-automatic weapon that shoots 556. To go with it, I have many large capacity magazines and many ammo cans with thousands of rounds as well. The longer this current shit goes on, I'll most likely also get a confederate flag to go with it and I'll proudly fly it in the back of my truck. I'm not some racist redneck, but the media is trying to turn me into one. If I'm going to be blamed for being white privileged, maybe I should start acting like it.

You are right though. The puppet masters are the ones creating division. The stupid sheeple are following right along with the agenda unfortunately. Fuck 'em all. I don't want to be any part of it and I'm fucking sick of hearing about it since I can't do anything about it. I'll vote for Trump again. What else can I do? The only other thing I can do is stay up on my hill as much as I can, grill some sausages and burgers, drink a cold beer and smoke a nice cigar, watch the deer roam around my yard and pretend I don't know anything about the fucking fake pandemic, or the idiots trying to destroy what was once the greatest country in the world.

When I'm home alone on Hermit Hill, everything is just wonderful and peaceful. Let the idiots destroy themselves. Nothing lasts forever anyway. Everything in this physical world is temporary, including us. I'm going to make the best out of life while I'm here. They will get their ultimate judgement just as we all will.

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
81 Posts
I know this is a subject of debate that has risen the the congressional level, but it is ludacris that it has made it that far. I'm taking about the destruction of our national monuments that have defined our history. Good or bad, right or wrong, these are part of the growth of this great nation. Systematically erasing history and only keeping the parts that suit you will only create chaos and we are doomed to repeat it. The 4 million police officers in this country that protect the street are all being scrutinized by the 7 individuals you have seen in the news this year. A small minority of mob rule groups have snowballed into a "Tear down everything" legislation. I bet these people don't know about Mt. Rushmore or St. Augustine. They will have a heck of a time destroying Plymouth Rock. I have served in the military during wartime. My son has served during wartime, my brother has served during wartime and both grandfather's have served during wartime. Each of us in Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines, and to see all of this stupidity in the news makes me wonder why defend against foreign enemies when we have our own terrorists here ( a majority of them in Washington). One last bit before I end it. All of you pro athletes that refuse to stand during the National Anthem, you can kiss my ass.
AMEN. OUR FOUNDING FATHER'S ALL SAID WE MIST TEACH HISTORY . FOR 90% OF IT SHOULD NEVER BE REPEATED.

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
81 Posts

While some may say its painful to see these monuments. Its prudent we keep them in place. When we stop feeling the pain. Is when we start to repeat it. Its like a scar you get from crashing your Bicycle when you are young. First you say to your self. I can jump those 8 garbage cans , no problem. Then you crash and get 20 stitches. After you heal up. You ride by the jump site and say NA not again.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts

The monument of Lincoln and the guy on his knees before him they want to take down. The history as told by black people is that it was showing Lincoln telling slaves to stand up and be free. HISTORY is very important to our survival. Also for over 200 years . Majority rule has gotten us a 100% better life than any other country. Freedom is a very fragile thing. We all a riders can discuss and hear view points. I understand yours on cops. Its the same as in the low income places. 1% of the Bad people make all the rest look bad. I hope our country gets through this quick. Otherwise it gonna get real bloody. The majority is getting really restless and fed up. Pray for BRAINS TO BE USED SOON. Ride and decompress.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I've never given the confederate flag much thought, but with this shit going on, I went shopping on line today. Many sites that sell flags, including confederate, say they have them, but when you click on them, it says, "Not currently available", or some shit like that. Good ol' Amazon though, you can apparently still buy a confederate flag there, big double sided, 3' x 5' for less than $20.00.

I don't really want one, but when stupid shit like this is happening, I like to go against it. I never really wanted to get an AR-15. Figured my AK-47 was good enough. A few years ago when some people got shot, the media was going overboard again, constantly saying that the AR-15 should be banned. I got so fucking sick of hearing it, I immediately went out and bought an AR-15. Thanks to the media, I now own a very nice semi-automatic weapon that shoots 556. To go with it, I have many large capacity magazines and many ammo cans with thousands of rounds as well. The longer this current shit goes on, I'll most likely also get a confederate flag to go with it and I'll proudly fly it in the back of my truck. I'm not some racist redneck, but the media is trying to turn me into one. If I'm going to be blamed for being white privileged, maybe I should start acting like it.

You are right though. The puppet masters are the ones creating division. The stupid sheeple are following right along with the agenda unfortunately. Fuck 'em all. I don't want to be any part of it and I'm fucking sick of hearing about it since I can't do anything about it. I'll vote for Trump again. What else can I do? The only other thing I can do is stay up on my hill as much as I can, grill some sausages and burgers, drink a cold beer and smoke a nice cigar, watch the deer roam around my yard and pretend I don't know anything about the fucking fake pandemic, or the idiots trying to destroy what was once the greatest country in the world.

When I'm home alone on Hermit Hill, everything is just wonderful and peaceful. Let the idiots destroy themselves. Nothing lasts forever anyway. Everything in this physical world is temporary, including us. I'm going to make the best out of life while I'm here. They will get their ultimate judgement just as we all will.
Many many many of us just like you. MARTIN LUTHER KING got way more done with out killing people. I hope I never have to either. That said . I am prepared to do evil things to evil people. These crazy people are just like ALL the politicians!! They can't sit down and have a rational conversation!!!!!!!! And they can't evan begin to meat in the Middle. Just like ALL the POLITICIANS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts