Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Why take it out? Wouldn't it be better with the extention because of the size of the wheel?
With the bigger wheel it lifts the front of the bike... 23" wheel is 2" bigger diameter than stock so it would lift the front of the bike approximately 1" higher than stock depending on tire.

26" wheel is 5" bigger diameter than stock so would raise the front of the bike approximately 2.5" higher than stock depending on tire.

So with a 26" wheel and 3" extensions on stock trees it would lift the front of the bike approximately 3.5" higher than stock. So you really don't need extensions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So being a newby with rake/trail... what are ideal numbers for trail with a 23 and 26 respectively? Front will be a bit for me as I'm doing air and bags first but I want my Sabre to be pretty stretched out but still rideable and handle/corner well. I've read different "ideal" numbers from lots of websites, so whats the consensus here?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
23" wheel and Fender Just Bought from Eric, Super excited for it to arrive!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mmasac,
Did you go with 8* or 10* triple trees to go with your 23" wheel?
Also what length extensions did you go with or what would suggest?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I responded to your PM, but im running stock trees, with 3" extensions, but I have that 70's lift going on, I personally Like the look and ride...

21 - 40 of 49 Posts