Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Excuse me, but Sir I am sorry we only service Honda's..." <puzzled look upon face>

Greetings one and all.
A funny story on the way to the dealer or at the dealer.
"Excuse me, but Sir I am sorry we only service Honda's..." <puzzled look upon face>
That was the comment from one of the service guys at a local Honda dealer when I took the bike in to change to the RC rims today.
Granted I have a decent amount of after market items, but I don't think it really changes the overall look that bloody much!! :D
The owner came out and wanted to know how long the bike would be in their service dept. and would I mind if people came in and looked at it?
The original service guy didn't believe it was a Fury! I am still chuckling from that...

T

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Man that's a great story. Bad enough we get all kinds of looks and questions, but for our own Honda people to start questioning ..... that is truly amazing.
Today I just started agreeing with people when they ask if it's custom and if I built it. Now I just say yeah man, like between 35 - 40K. I'm done with the "It's a Honda" reply.
Is anyone out there going with that Intake from L&M - looks hot I think!

Larry
New York

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that's a great story. Bad enough we get all kinds of looks and questions, but for our own Honda people to start questioning ..... that is truly amazing.
Today I just started agreeing with people when they ask if it's custom and if I built it. Now I just say yeah man, like between 35 - 40K. I'm done with the "It's a Honda" reply.

Larry
New York
Greetings larry,
I have L and M's Mayham pipes, intake with a spike.
The engine is black thus went w/ the black intake. At first I was a touch concerned that the intake might stand out, but it blends well with the black engine.
T

·
Registered
427 Posts
can u post some pics of your bike...?

·
Registered
153 Posts

Larry
New York
I ordered the intake adapter, waiting for it to come back from chrome, but I went with a bullet style intake, similar to the one they have in thier picture, but the nose is rounded off. I think it goes better with the lines of the bike.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can u post some pics of your bike...?
Be happy to oblige, however a slight problem has occurred during switching out of the rims. The new rotors are to thick thus the calibers need to be readjusted. Should have it back sometime Monday. Tuesday its off to the dyno guys.
T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts