Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the site. Had a CBR for 2.5 yrs and hated it. My dad has a VTX 1800 and went in for parts in Dec, noticed the Fury and bought one. I saw his and was up there the next week... traded in my CBR and put 225 miles on my Fury the first weekend! Friggin love it and can't stop thinking about it... hence posting at 2:42am.

That said I'm new to cruisers and looking to change out my exhaust and was looking for any advice from your experiences. After seeing the late Viper II from Fuggin, I'm intrested in other 2into1 systems like FSD or RoadBurner.

My question finally is chosing the pipes length. Do you notice a noise difference to the rider in shorter pipes vs longer pipes? I'm wondering if the FSD by your side would be annoyingly loud by your ear riding, and ones out by the rear wheel (RoadBurner) would be less.

Thanks for any advice and thanks in general for your site. I've been visiting for last couple weeks and have learned a great deal already on other topics.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Send a PM to MFR. he will make you anything you want. and they are WAAAAAYYYY cheaper than the other venders.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
the longer the pipe the different the tone you will get. it wont be any louder. also if the pipe ends behind you ie cobra swept or slashdown it wont be as loud for the rider.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Also can't go wrong with the Samson's... MFR on these forums makes some good, custom pipes, but it will take some time. So if you have the time, then hit him up, otherwise I suggest Samson's :D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Not sure if these are still available but if I didn't have my Viper IIs, I would go with these:

Otherwise, MFR is the man for the job.
Those are the Hackers

Sampson Bubbs and vance and Hines I have heard good things about. Cobra I have heard are quiet with baffles in (Joes didnt sound bad though). The other companies im not sure about

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your input... it'll give me more more help when i decide to purchase an exhaust system. :D

About MFR... I've read much on his TMod trips last year and was impressed with his effort helping others, but I figured it was probably limited to his closest friends. But if so many of ya'll think he'd be open to the idea then I'll definitely give him a shout and see what he says.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Also can't go wrong with the Samson's... MFR on these forums makes some good, custom pipes, but it will take some time. So if you have the time, then hit him up, otherwise I suggest Samson's :D
Last week while in SD, I had the privilege of hearing RSS’s Samson’s. My first thought was that they sounded better than my Cobra’s with the baffles removed. Bad thing is that with the Mid West weather, I have not heard my bike run in a couple of months. After my test ride I noticed that while riding, the Samson’s did not appear to be as loud. This is probably due to the fact that the Samson’s exhaust tips opens to the side whereas the Cobra’s point down generating more sound reflection from the pavement. That’s my guess anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Last week while in SD, I had the privilege of hearing RSS’s Samson’s. My first thought was that they sounded better than my Cobra’s with the baffles removed. Bad thing is that with the Mid West weather, I have not heard my bike run in a couple of months. After my test ride I noticed that while riding, the Samson’s did not appear to be as loud. This is probably due to the fact that the Samson’s exhaust tips opens to the side whereas the Cobra’s point down generating more sound reflection from the pavement. That’s my guess anyway.
Partially due to the fact that I run cooler spark plugs in my ride as well (the highway one's that Honda recommends in the owner's manual, the 7's). Just did my 24k change out this last weekend and switched back to the normal spark plugs and I noticed it was louder.... Meh, if you have time to mess around, go buy some of the 7's for spark plugs and see if it makes a difference, even if it is just in your garage.

On that note, anybody else notice this as well?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
hang on for a few more months--once MFR cuts my new pipes i'll have a set of V&H available.
i love their sound...but, after hearing dragboat's pipes--i'm sold on MFR. his pipes make fuggin seem like a distant memory.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input... it'll give me more more help when i decide to purchase an exhaust system. :D

About MFR... I've read much on his TMod trips last year and was impressed with his effort helping others, but I figured it was probably limited to his closest friends. But if so many of ya'll think he'd be open to the idea then I'll definitely give him a shout and see what he says.
His closest friends LOL Franklin and Grant and I think he is buddies with Jackson. He is buddies with some lower class people though like Lincoln and Washington.:D Mornin Skapp

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
His closest friends LOL Franklin and Grant and I think he is buddies with Jackson. He is buddies with some lower class people though like Lincoln and Washington.:D Mornin Skapp
mornin drag
yo, MFR is friends with everyone--he is a mobile bike modder.
give him a PM and start a dialog.

I live in SoFla--so, my baby essentially got what the Boca broads down here get: a full makeover!!
a tuck here, a lift there--some extra oomph in the upper area-- LoL

you'll be glad you did.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
That is EXACTLY what I was about to write!

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
MFR's only special friends are the one's he rides the SHORT BUS with, otherwise send him a PM. I'm sure he'd be glad to build you a set of pipes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lmao i've read nothing but good news about MFR and seems like the guy really enjoys his work. so i'm thinking i'd rather give him my business than some after market company...

especially after hearing the pipes he did in last nights post "mikes pipes"... hs those sounded tough! :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts