Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to see what my cobra swepts would sound like without baffles so but instead of possibly damaging the baffles, I removed the cobras and installed my mufflerless stock pipes. The thing ran like shit, backfiring and shooting blue flames as soon as I would touch the throttle. I didn't try adjusting the fi2000r.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The Cobras minus the baffles will run better than your stock without mufflers. A few guys here have taken them out and posted about it. The Cobras will probably pop a bit, but if you adjust your fuel controller you will be fine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I wanted to see what my cobra swepts would sound like without baffles so but instead of possibly damaging the baffles, I removed the cobras and installed my mufflerless stock pipes. The thing ran like shit, backfiring and shooting blue flames as soon as I would touch the throttle. I didn't try adjusting the fi2000r.

Thoughts?
"Danger, danger, young Will!" Welcome to the dark side! If I recall your previous settings correctly, you were way the hell rich; hence the blowtorch-like blue flames. When I fired mine up, sans muffler and fuel controller, there were no blue flames, just decel popping (PAIR) and too much noise!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
JATO, put your cobra's back on and pull the baffles and you'll be fine. It will be a great improvement and you wont be dissapointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts