Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed what looks like a smudge/light burn on my exhaust. I tried to clean in but it is hard and does not come off.... it almost looks like the top layer of the "silver" has come of.... any suggestions???

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I am confused as to how it got there - - I did not have anyone sit on the back and it is not from my shoes....

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thanks but I am confused as to how it got there - - I did not have anyone sit on the back and it is not from my shoes....
When your not around you'd be surprised the nerve of some people. I wouldn't doubt it for a second that somebody else might of sat or put their foot on your exhaust when you had it parked. I've had that same type of mark on my exhaust from the heel of my tennis shoe when riding. It is removable just don't use anything abrasive.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I get that all the time. I would bet anything it IS a scuff from your shoes/boot. That's how I get it on mine and it looks exactly like that. It bakes on and is REAL hard to get off. I use a dishwashing sponge with the green scrubby on back (a not real abrasive one) and scrub it with Mother's Billet Metal cleaner. It still takes a little work, and the occasional fingernail, to get it off. I have to do it after almost every time I ride. I try to be careful and not contact the pipe, and I am never aware of doing it, but I still do somehow.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
If it's the stock muffler, replace with 2 glass packs.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
while pipe is still hot dampen terry cloth towel/rag with wd40 & it comes off for me. Got 2 get it off while it is hot.
Whatever you do don't scrape with anything harder than ur fingernail.:eek:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
It is from your boots or shoes.
Spray on oven cleaner. Put a little on, wait (as per instructions) and wipe off.
Mineral turpentine also works when the pipes are hot.

·
Registered
791 Posts
goof off works for me

·
Registered
721 Posts
LMAO that's hilarious! You had to clean off burnt on squirrel? Really? Sorry--had to ask anyway.
Got nailed by a kamikaze bird too, right in the chest. I def felt it and feathers were everywhere but I was wondering why it didn't hurt that much. When I got home, I started cleaning up and noticed the bird deflected/grazed off the tank first softening the second blow to my chest. Oh, at least no paint or sent damage. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I hit a bird last year too. It came up over the handle bars and surprised me. Didn't do anything except my foot came off the peg and hit the ground (at 55) and jerked my leg back some. I started having some issues with my hip awhile later, then found out it tore some cartiledge in my hip area. After I found out my hip was hurt, it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together as to what happened.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I hit a bird last year too. It came up over the handle bars and surprised me. Didn't do anything except my foot came off the peg and hit the ground (at 55) and jerked my leg back some. I started having some issues with my hip awhile later, then found out it tore some cartiledge in my hip area. After I found out my hip was hurt, it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together as to what happened.
Remember the seagull? lol

ya a bit of goo gone should do the trick

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
bat

A few years back I had a Bat fly right into the top of my front cylinder head.
It was just getting dark & I didn't know what it was until I got home.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to my Fury buddies for the posts and advice -- I used oven cleaner and it came off like a charm!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts