Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drilled out the baffle and removed the catalyst yesterday and now my fury sounds awesome and has a little bit more juice.If anybody wants to do the same all its a pretty simple job.Just remove the 2 bolts from the bottom of the pipes that connects to the brace below the swingarm.Then loosen the 2 pipe clamps on the front of the silencer and pull em off.now you need a drill ,a half inch bit and 1 inch hole saw.take a flashlight and look into the back of the silencer and you see 2 small holes this is the baffle now take your half inch bit and drill it out,you might need a long set of needle nose to get the baffle out when it comes loose.Then take a flash light and look into the otherside and you will see like a honeycomb mesh looking stuff this is the catalyst.Now take your hole saw and cut this stuff out,becarefull not to mess up the crush ring around the pipe clamp.When you get this good and drilled out you will be able to see right through the muffler now.Now what you want to do do is slap that bad boy back on and fire it up and be amazed at how good she sounds.Enjoy

·
Registered
616 Posts
Awesome, Thanks for the write-up...its very tempting, Im just curious about the crush ring, I dont want to f*** something up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I`m sure it doesn`t void the warranty because the guys at the dealership where I got my fury from were the ones who told me how to do it.I have a good relationship with them and they wouldn`t tell me to do something that would void my warranty.Besides this is basically no different than installing aftermarket pipes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
So how does it run now? My dealer is trying to discourage me from doing it, but I really want a tougher sound.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Just wait until I post pictures of my exhaust mod :cool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you drill out the end caps at your tailpipes it's alright but if you drill out your catalysts out you will get popping in your top end which means your leaning out! Not good, may burn a piston or an exhaust valve!

·
Registered
148 Posts
It only pops near the redline so I don't let it go that high in the rpms. As soon as a fuel tuner comes out it's going in the bike and on the dyno for some tuning. Got a buddy that has a Mustang dyno that can accommodate bikes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
bein that i dont want to F any of this up is there anyone that can post pics of hoe they went about the exhaust mod. Sounds pretty simple but are you saying you have to actually drill to get the baffles out? i figured the baffles were held on by the end cap itself. Also are you guys saying you dont even have to pull off the header pipes. Just the fat can all the way in the back. How many bolts we talking about.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It sounds tempting but i dont want to have warranty issues later, u know how those service guys are at the dealership they dont wanna have to come out of pocket for anything so if something goes wrong ur not gonna be covered. I live in N.M and my dealer talked to the Cobra exhaust company yesterday, if u all could hang in there a little longer Cobra is almost out with the exhaust just a few more weeks, i know its hard but its worth it.:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
It sounds tempting but i dont want to have warranty issues later, u know how those service guys are at the dealership they dont wanna have to come out of pocket for anything so if something goes wrong ur not gonna be covered. I live in N.M and my dealer talked to the Cobra exhaust company yesterday, if u all could hang in there a little longer Cobra is almost out with the exhaust just a few more weeks, i know its hard but its worth it.:)
As usual, Vance and Hines already beat 'em to it. They just always forget to throw the correct bracket in the box...seems they always screw up and send a bracket for a VTX 1300 C. See my post under General Discussion - "Exhaust Issue Solved"

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
As usual, Vance and Hines already beat 'em to it. They just always forget to throw the correct bracket in the box...seems they always screw up and send a bracket for a VTX 1300 C. See my post under General Discussion - "Exhaust Issue Solved"
Vance & Hines only has a strait pipe exhaust out at the moment which is nice and is the first exhaust out 4 the fury but for those of us who are looking for the curved exhaust or the big radius exhaust its not out yet. But soon!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
bein that i dont want to F any of this up is there anyone that can post pics of hoe they went about the exhaust mod. Sounds pretty simple but are you saying you have to actually drill to get the baffles out? i figured the baffles were held on by the end cap itself. Also are you guys saying you dont even have to pull off the header pipes. Just the fat can all the way in the back. How many bolts we talking about.
??????????

1 - 20 of 54 Posts