Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my stock exhaust ,can the stock mount that it was bolted to be removed? im talking about the mount arm that the bottom of the exhaust is bolted to with the two bolts. I believe its bolted on itself but im not sure. its hard to see in that area behind it. the manual didn't have that info. I got to get ready for those stg pipes that are going to be here soon .

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the same question. As well as , do you need a lift to remove the hanger and stock exhaust?

Are you replacing your gaskets?
I'm putting my pipes on in the morning.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I have the same question. As well as , do you need a lift to remove the hanger and stock exhaust?

A jack is not needed to remove any of it. 14mm bolt for the hanger bkt. I don't remember for the two exhaust bolts. As a general rule, the gaskets are a "one" use, so just get you a set. Don't pay the $20-25 at the dealer. West End Motorsports has them for $6 + shipping.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tip on the gaskets, ill get them ordered tonight. I thought those were the two mounting bolts for the bracket. I tried to feel back there to see if I could know for sure but I really wasn't able to tell. ill remove it tonight. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I removed my stock exhaust ,can the stock mount that it was bolted to be removed? im talking about the mount arm that the bottom of the exhaust is bolted to with the two bolts. I believe its bolted on itself but im not sure. its hard to see in that area behind it. the manual didn't have that info. I got to get ready for those stg pipes that are going to be here soon .
These 2 bad boys and a little bit of wiggling and your good to go!!
IMG_9002.jpg

Quick questions. When putting new pipes and gaskets on, how tight do you tighten the bolts?
17 Ft/Lbs

I tell all my Customers to go to any auto parts store. get crush gasket Part #60569. Works great!!! $3 or $4 depending on the store.

:toast:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks slikk83, I finally got it. and ill file the info on the gasket number . I had already got some off ebay .I think they were about 10.00 bucks . Ill go get me some using your part number and store them for future use.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
17 Ft/Lbs

I tell all my Customers to go to any auto parts store. get crush gasket Part #60569. Works great!!! $3 or $4 depending on the store.

:toast:
Good tip on the gaskets.

Getting a torque wrench and a 12mm socket into one of the front pipe nuts is virtually impossible due to the lack of room and the angles. I use a 1/4" drive 12mm flex socket for that nut (my 3/8 drive flex socket was too big). The ones I use are made in USA Craftsman, but the newer Craftsman ones are Chinese so I would not suggest these. Gearwrench have some nice flex socket sets so I take a look at them these days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought factory oem header donuts from the Honda dealer where I live for 31$ Canadian, which is what , 22$ American. I’m pretty sure you can splurge the extra 14$ and buy the proper gasket for the job. It’s an important part so do it right.

Not trying to offend

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I just bought factory oem header donuts from the Honda dealer where I live for 31$ Canadian, which is what , 22$ American. I’m pretty sure you can splurge the extra 14$ and buy the proper gasket for the job. It’s an important part so do it right.

Not trying to offend
Holy thread revival batman... check the date?

I've had my exhaust on and off many times and replaced the gaskets with the $3 ones from the parts store. They are identical to OEM. Its a crush gasket, they seal fine, they are the same dimensions. Ill take the savings and put it into something else on the bike.

·
Registered
503 Posts
These 2 bad boys and a little bit of wiggling and your good to go!!
View attachment 138178

Quick questions. When putting new pipes and gaskets on, how tight do you tighten the bolts?
17 Ft/Lbs

/images/smilies/toast.gif
Old post but great gasket recommendation Im replying so I can find it later.
Just bought these on amazon for 5.25 bucks. Saved my from even getting off my butt to go get them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Holy thread revival batman... check the date?

I've had my exhaust on and off many times and replaced the gaskets with the $3 ones from the parts store. They are identical to OEM. Its a crush gasket, they seal fine, they are the same dimensions. Ill take the savings and put it into something else on the bike.
holy didn't know there was time limit robin

all the power to you. save your 14$ and buy a sweet mod, maybe save up for an exhaust system you don't have to take off "many times".

clearly you didn't read where I said not to offend.. I'm allowed my opinion.

ride safe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts