Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about opening up my stock exhaust to modify it like the look of it just it's to damn quite lol anyone got any ideas on it I would buy after market but u know how it goes just don't have the funds right now for it

·
Registered
152 Posts
i didn't even weld mine back together, i just cut it in half after the mounting bolt and rode it that way for almost a year.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did u shorten the cover to and do u have any pics of it on your bike any popping issues with it and how did it run

·
Registered
152 Posts
everyone once in a while i would get a decel pop, i bought a crome bolt and put a spacer between the muffler and cover and bolted the cover to the muffler to keep it in place. no pictures since the cover needed to be on to put the muffler on. it still looked stock unless you looked behind the cover.

·
Registered
555 Posts
just a heads up
any pipes for a 2004and up vtx 1300 will fit the fury
just have to go to homedepot and pick up some flat stock 1/4"
steel and make your self a bracket ...

my pipes came off a 2007 vtx and i just helped an forum member
install a set of pipes on his fury tonite that came off a 2004 vtx 1300

soo look on craiglist you might find a pair really cheap like i did
only $100

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Why are you cutting the exhaust open, all you have to do is drill out the ends of the muffler and it will give it more sound, it's been a while since I have heard one but from what I remember it sounded a lot better than stock. I bet if you look hard you can find some slip on's pretty damn cheap, I don't know how much you have to spend, if any but the slip on's that people have been buying have gotten great reviews.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I bet if you look hard you can find some slip on's pretty damn cheap, I don't know how much you have to spend, if any but the slip on's that people have been buying have gotten great reviews.
Good point. V/H slipons are currently $292.95 (shipped). Cobra slipons are $249.95 (shipped). That's a pretty good deal. Or perhaps there is someone in the forum willing to sell theirs after doing an upgrade to a full exhaust.
He can also recoup some of the money by selling the stock muffler.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guy for all the help didn't know about the 2004 and up vtx 1300 exhaust would match up really good to know and I drilled out the exhaust it's a little better know I'll just keep saving and dreaming thanks guy

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
just a heads up
any pipes for a 2004and up vtx 1300 will fit the fury
just have to go to homedepot and pick up some flat stock 1/4"
steel and make your self a bracket ...

my pipes came off a 2007 vtx and i just helped an forum member
install a set of pipes on his fury tonite that came off a 2004 vtx 1300

soo look on craiglist you might find a pair really cheap like i did
only $100
FYI...