Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a consensus from you guys on what you think i should ask for my Fury if i decide to sell her soon. I plan on advertising on cycletrader and won't offer shipping if it matters. Im also near Memphis TN.

Reason im asking is because i've done a lot more mods than any i've seen anywhere near here so im having a hard time coming up with a number.

2010 Matte with 8600 miles and comes with all stock parts except PAIR system and stock front sigs.

Mods
Kury chrome engine covers
Honda flamed seat with stock seat
reflector and emblem delete
mirrors with front sigs built in (i forget the brand) wired to run as sigs only
Chrome mirror extenders
LED signal control modulators
VTXtreme trees and brake cable with 3" extenders
Chrome Cobra swepts w/o baffles (baffles included)
FI2000R programmer
PAIR block off plates
Painted side covers
Small down tube bag

Also comes with a Honda service manual

Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Kelly Blue book is going to show $7400 as worth, mods won't count unless they're what the buyer wants. That's how I got my Fury for $8500, I knew what the HD stealer gave for the Fury in trade & knew they had to make a buck on the resale to me.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Kelly Blue book is going to show $7400 as worth, mods won't count unless they're what the buyer wants. That's how I got my Fury for $8500, I knew what the HD stealer gave for the Fury in trade & knew they had to make a buck on the resale to me.
that is a trade value

from KBB.com
2010 Honda VT1300CX Fury Value

May 11, 2011

2-Cylinders
4-Stroke
1312cc

Suggested Retail Value $10495

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Who pays Suggested retail Value? You may think that HD holds its' value better but call on any of the high priced ones & you will see they are still for sale. I'm not saying the Fury isn't worth it but serious lookers can find grerat deals.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
AGAIN THIS IS INCORRECT!!!!
Kelly blue book will show $10,400!!!! THAT IS RETAIL PRICE FOR A 2010 STOCK FURY in excellent condition! With the miles it might be a little less.
$7400 is what you should expect for a trade in! Your over $11,000 with ABS.
New Cars, Used Cars, Blue Book Values & Car Prices - Kelley Blue Book

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im guesstimating around $9k or a little under. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You gotta do what you gotta do. If you need the money it well sell fast at that price. I would start at at least $10,000.
If I was looking at your bike in the paper for $10,000 I would try to get it form you for $9000. If you were asking $9000 I would go for $8000.
Try $10,000 and if you get no hits lower the price. Show them the KB for $10,400.
Good luck JATO!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine sold

I sold mine on Sunday for 9 g's, not as many mods as you have, but it was more than what I owed on it. Good luck. My new ride rocks, way happier!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
you guys should try selling your furys up here in canada brand new they msrp at 16500.00 and would sell used for more than 9 or 10.there are alot less used for sale here, also the canadian dollar is worth more than the u.s. dollar

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Buying a bike, and selling a bike, is two different mindsets. And what has sold or not sold is just a general guide. Because I value your bike at $8300-8500 private sale, taking a hit for mileage, and giving $250 for Mods, does not mean it might not sell for 10,500, it might, to many variables. If I was a seller, up against an uneducated buyer, With Fury Stars in their Eyes, I would set price at 10,200, giving me room to come down a little, but not expecting it to sell. If no action for 2 weeks, withdraw it for 2 weeks and re-list at $9700, and see what happens. You don't want to sell at dealer wholesale, and generally you will not sell at dealer retail, even dealers are not getting 10,400 used, 2000 MI, some mods, on e-bay and they offer financing, payment buyers, not price buyers. You are on my Friends Wall, and that is what I think after tracking prices everywhere. Cycle Trader, e-bay, reg adds, etc, etc, I think $9000 would be absolute top dollar, who knows?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
you guys should try selling your furys up here in canada brand new they msrp at 16500.00 and would sell used for more than 9 or 10.there are alot less used for sale here, also the canadian dollar is worth more than the u.s. dollar
DAMN!!! I think I may take my bike to Canada and ask $20,000!!:p

1 - 20 of 57 Posts