Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums here and have been looking through everything that applied specifically to this issue. Lots of fake chrome on this bike. Is anyone out there selling or planning to sell new pieces to replace the fake chrome. I know Honda did this to keep the cost of the bike down and the weight but when I get my bike I would like to start replacing these parts. Thanks for any input. (if there happens to be a thread for this already just let me know and i'll remove this thread.)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Call me strange, but I like the anti rusting parts :)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I have to agree with Serge, especially being here in cleveland with a saltwater lake. I have chromes pieces and replaced SOME of them but not the big ones like on the heads and engine sides.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Aesthetically I have to agree with FP; the faux chrome when adjacent to a genuine chromed metal part starts to look pretty crappy - however there isn't a lot to be done about it at this time. the faux chrome side covers can be painted; one of the best looking (relatively) cheap things that can be done. Unfortunately, the engine covers, one of the bike's best looking features that would most benefit from genuine metal chrome have no replacement parts offered by anyone at this time that I know of. And if they ever are offered I've no doubt they'll cost a serious arm and a leg. So I tend to focus along with some of the other guys on the weight-reduction/anti-corrosive benefit of the plastic. Especially here in the salt-strewn midwest.

P.S. BTW just an FYI Snuff; the great lakes are all freshwater :)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Aesthetically I have to agree with FP; the faux chrome when adjacent to a genuine chromed metal part starts to look pretty crappy - however there isn't a lot to be done about it at this time. the faux chrome side covers can be painted; one of the best looking (relatively) cheap things that can be done. Unfortunately, the engine covers, one of the bike's best looking features that would most benefit from genuine metal chrome have no replacement parts offered by anyone at this time that I know of. And if they ever are offered I've no doubt they'll cost a serious arm and a leg. So I tend to focus along with some of the other guys on the weight-reduction/anti-corrosive benefit of the plastic. Especially here in the salt-strewn midwest.

P.S. BTW just an FYI Snuff; the great lakes are all freshwater :)
Ill cover snuff's Butt on this one.....Fine then road salt getting slung up on the bike.

Kuryakyn used to make covers for the vtx1800, dont know how similar the heads are or if they did for the vtx1300. For the engine parts your best bet is looking for vtx1300 parts. I do agree that the plasticrome is crappy looking next to the real thing, photo's it shows a bit and some lighting it shows more significantly. I would be willing to bet that in the next year or so they will have actual chrome head covers since the other 3 1300's will have exposed head covers aswell and its the same engine

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Holy Crap!! Every time I think I'm alone on an issue I find out others within who feel exactly the same. It would have been nice to maybe see a few more parts with metal chrome but the plastic is no biggy for me and I am only now more curious as to how many others within that feel the same.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Holy Crap!! Every time I think I'm alone on an issue I find out others within who feel exactly the same. It would have been nice to maybe see a few more parts with metal chrome but the plastic is no biggy for me and I am only now more curious as to how many others within that feel the same.
Im not in a rush to change mine but will as parts come availible and mine get messed up from wear and tear, melting or cracking

·
Registered
241 Posts
I agree i am not in arush either. But i would do it later on. You can tell it alot more on the cool damp florida nights. It is a different color. I saved enough weight just by taking off the stock exhaust hanger that piece would be a good wrecking bar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts