Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a wild hair and started a set of fat 1.375 handlebars. Not sure why, maybe because I've never seen them. I wanted some feedback on the idea before I got too deep into the fabrication. It usually takes me about 10 hours to make a set. So what do you fellow Furians think?
IMG_20210709_082348326.jpg

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I got a wild hair and started a set of fat 1.375 handlebars. Not sure why, maybe because I've never seen them. I wanted some feedback on the idea before I got too deep into the fabrication. It usually takes me about 10 hours to make a set. So what do you fellow Furians think? View attachment 240582
I really like the idea...do you plan on necking them down for the clamps and grip area?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I think it's always interesting when people make their Fury unique. Even if it is doing things I never would, people are so ingenious! Specially people with the skills to do shit themselves. I am interested in what you end up with!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can I call Dibs on the stainless ones you have on now LOL. but seriously, Dibs! If they go up for sale.

edit, I'd take these also if you finish and don't like them. even uncoated. Just built to fit.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you referring to the fat ones I'm making? The reason I ask I do have a couple of pair that are for sale ( 1 1/4). I haven't polished them yet, but they are stainless. Stainless is the only material I use for my bars.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I call Dibs on the stainless ones you have on now LOL. but seriously, Dibs! If they go up for sale.

edit, I'd take these also if you finish and don't like them. even uncoated. Just built to fit.
They are just a prototype, but I'll post some pictures when I'm finished. Yes everything is for sale, always.:p:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you referring to the fat ones I'm making? The reason I ask I do have a couple of pair that are for sale ( 1 1/4). I haven't polished them yet, but they are stainless. Stainless is the only material I use for my bars.
Sold, I will definitely take a set sir. Love to see how these end up, I like the extra bend angle over the 1 1/4's. I assume you will have to weld the risers on these? So 8' up and 2' back would be feasible? And if you don't finish these I'll take a set of the smaller ones you have. Anywho, you can pm me details if you want. Thank you

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sold, I will definitely take a set sir. Love to see how these end up, I like the extra bend angle over the 1 1/4's. I assume you will have to weld the risers on these? So 8' up and 2' back would be feasible? And if you don't finish these I'll take a set of the smaller ones you have. Anywho, you can pm me details if you want. Thank you
These are what I have right now. The top set is 8.5 up and 4 back with a 34.5 width. The bottom is 6 up and 3 back with a 33.5 width. Both sets can be used with stock cables and wires and I have machine slots for internal wiring. The ones on my bike currently are 6 up and 2 back at 33.5 wide, the difference with these is the clap risers you can adjust hand position. Neither set have been polished yet though. I should have the 1 3/8 done sometime this week.
IMG_20210711_085016837.jpg

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
@Furi15
I have to ask, what would a set of those run?
Kind of liking the 8/4s :)
It depends on the finish. Polished 1 3/8" would be $300, black powder would be $250. If you done like 1 Wild 1 and took care of the finish your self it would be $180. He brought a pair of the 1 1/4" and decided to have a coater he knew finish them. They are all made with 304 stainless and stainless mounting bolts and I machine them for internal wiring. I have a set of 1 1/4" - 7up 4 back unpolished that are finished. Those prices DO include shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts