Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of our customers had problems with his Fury. Suddenly the power was out. Battery completely empty! Jump Start unsuccessful.
What is going on here?

In the workshop we made ​​some tests. Result: alternator faulty. :mad:

The next day we called at Honda Europe. Answer: "This incident we have never had. "

Problem: No new alternator in the European warehouse. Order directly in Japan. Available in 10 - 14 days! Shit! :eek:

Is a similar incident in America known?

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I haven’t heard of this problem before either. I haven’t heard of the leaking seal that CBFury is having either.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
To parrot Jay Cee (above), "I have not seen or heard of one." Looks like your going to be the pioneer on this one, though I would be more inclined to suspect the regulator/control circuit, like a blown diode. My two-bits.............

Cheers

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I was in my dealer 3 weeks ago to have a mirror replace that fell apart and there was a guy that "Trailered" his Blue 2010 Fury in with some strange electrical problem. (What he called it)

It would turn over very slowly and start, run a few minutes, headlight would go dim and it would shut off. You could wait a few minutes and do it all over again.

They checked the charging system and determined it was not charging.... I left shortly after they came and told him what they found so I'm going to assume the same.

I've never had any problems with mine starting except when we went to an outdoor concert a month or so ago and I forgot about and left my LED lights on for 8+ hours..... It turned over slow but started... :eek:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
............we went to an outdoor concert a month or so ago and I forgot about and left my LED lights on for 8+ hours..... It turned over slow but started... :eek:
Thank god they were LED's. If they'd been incandescents, you'd still be walking................LOL.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thank god they were LED's. If they'd been incandescents, you'd still be walking................LOL.

Cheers

BarFury said:
And for just a few dollars more, you, too, can own a fine, shiny example of 1920's technology. Just visit your local Harley shop and choose a model, any model, from their current line-up!

BOTH ARE VERY true!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
with the stator systems I heard something but cannot confirm from personal experience, Bar clueless or one of them may be able to contribute.

The charging system on small engines uses a "trickle" charge which can be overloaded and ruined from jumping a small engine from a vehicle running with a high amp charging system (car/truck). Was told to safely jump them from a nonsimilar but still same volt system to shut the engine off and just use the battery power to start which will prevent high amps from being forced through the system.

·
Registered
104 Posts
One of our customers had problems with his Fury. Suddenly the power was out. Battery completely empty! Jump Start unsuccessful.
What is going on here?

In the workshop we made ​​some tests. Result: alternator faulty. :mad:

The next day we called at Honda Europe. Answer: "This incident we have never had. "

Problem: No new alternator in the European warehouse. Order directly in Japan. Available in 10 - 14 days! Shit! :eek:

Is a similar incident in America known?
Thanks Bike69,
thats me, faulty alternator....

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
with the stator systems I heard something but cannot confirm from personal experience, Bar clueless or one of them may be able to contribute.

The charging system on small engines uses a "trickle" charge which can be overloaded and ruined from jumping a small engine from a vehicle running with a high amp charging system (car/truck). Was told to safely jump them from a nonsimilar but still same volt system to shut the engine off and just use the battery power to start which will prevent high amps from being forced through the system.
Yes, I had this happen to my Nighthawk...jumped it with a car battery and car running.....blew out a diode/capacitor/or whatever you call it that was inline under the tank. My understanding is that when you jump a bike from a car, you don't start the car.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
.........My understanding is that when you jump a bike from a car, you don't start the car.
You're absolutely right! The AMPERAGE output of the typical auto charging system can far-exceed what our small batteries and diodes can handle. It's OK to jump from a 12-volt car battery, just don't do it with the car engine running.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
You're absolutely right! The AMPERAGE output of the typical auto charging system can far-exceed what our small batteries and diodes can handle. It's OK to jump from a 12-volt car battery, just don't do it with the car engine running.

Cheers
Bar.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts