Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it happened again: another turn signal lens came off in my hand just now as i was wiping down the bike.
that makes 4.

super glue seems to do the trick when gluing the tab back to the lens body.
I haven't had any recurrances after using Super Glue.

I'm no strong man--but, this last turn signal lens just came off in my hand.
I noticed that it had a burr hanging off the metal retaining clip.

looks like Honda may have used a tad too much torque when installing the lenses.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
well, it happened again: another turn signal lens came off in my hand just now as i was wiping down the bike.
that makes 4...............looks like Honda may have used a tad too much torque when installing the lenses.
Are you talking about stock lenses with no mods???

Cheers

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
That's what I was wondering.
I will say it was a Bitch for me to get the stock lenses off and get the new ones on. I broke a tab on one and I also used super glue on the tab.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about stock lenses with no mods???

Cheers
yeah, the stock lenses--to date: all four have either fallen off while riding or while i was wiping them down after washing.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
If it was me I'd go with the MFR tail light w/l.e.d.'s and l.e.d.'s on front in mirrors or strips. Lollipops had to go once I had seen MFR's bike in person!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it was me I'd go with the MFR tail light w/l.e.d.'s and l.e.d.'s on front in mirrors or strips. Lollipops had to go once I had seen MFR's bike in person!
I dunno; i'm gettng real good at not getting my fingers Super Glued to the lenses.
I'd hate to lose that skill.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Time to get some Kury bezels. I never had any trouble with the orange plastic lenses though. I have all 4 if you or somebody else wants them.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
My, you must have really strong hands. Great for gripping .. and stoking .. polishing up those lenses. Sounds like some extracurricular activities have really paid off.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My, you must have really strong hands. Great for gripping .. and stoking .. polishing up those lenses. Sounds like some extracurricular activities have really paid off.:eek:
yeah, it sure beats the heck out of begging!!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I gotta switch back to my stock tail light now, Was going down 95 hitting head winds with pretty strong gusts and broke the Raw Bracket dropping down to the taillight. Guess its time to just send it back to Raw. Gonna call Bill tomorrow and try getting it sorted out

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I gotta switch back to my stock tail light now, Was going down 95 hitting head winds with pretty strong gusts and broke the Raw Bracket dropping down to the taillight. Guess its time to just send it back to Raw. Gonna call Bill tomorrow and try getting it sorted out
WTF??? the hurricane isn't that close!!! where the hell did the metal break?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
WTF??? the hurricane isn't that close!!! where the hell did the metal break?
left side back hole for the strap type piece that connects on the frame. I got my plate mounted to it and we had gusts i think around 40 mph with the storms i was riding in. figure that +wind at about 75-80mph

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
left side back hole for the strap type piece that connects on the frame. I got my plate mounted to it and we had gusts i think around 40 mph with the storms i was riding in. figure that +wind at about 75-80mph
IM--you're such an animal!

i remember that i first noticed the lollipops at the MFC training classes-had a Suzuki 250-ish bike to train on.

thought they were the fugliest thangs i'd ever seen.
still do.

i gotta say, the Super Glue'd lenses are staying on--the spares I had have broken, too.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
IM--you're such an animal!

i remember that i first noticed the lollipops at the MFC training classes-had a Suzuki 250-ish bike to train on.

thought they were the fugliest thangs i'd ever seen.
still do.

i gotta say, the Super Glue'd lenses are staying on--the spares I had have broken, too.
Thats why I like the RAW so much. I called today and got the info to send back. My fender is off the bike right now just gotta do the swap but suddenly got a lack of ambition. Im just shocked your having issues with the lollipop lenses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts