Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of going this route with the stock backend can't really afford the L&M rear fender though it's really cool. For those of you running these how do you like them, visibility during a bright day, durability and so on?

Thanks,

GF

·
Registered
111 Posts
It works great and looks even better!! On a bright day they can still see you just fine it changes the look of the bike you wont regret it!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
They work decently, some of them (3wire ones, new is 4) were having issues with blowing leds. Raw stood behind their product but it is a pain in the neck having to pull from the bike go back to oem then ship and reinstall

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They work decently, some of them (3wire ones, new is 4) were having issues with blowing leds. Raw stood behind their product but it is a pain in the neck having to pull from the bike go back to oem then ship and reinstall
Hey Raw, want to chime in about any quality issues that may or may not have been resolved?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
they work decently, some of them (3wire ones, new is 4) were having issues with blowing leds. Raw stood behind their product but it is a pain in the neck having to pull from the bike go back to oem then ship and reinstall
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

although the one i just pulled off my bike was 4 wire.....that has nothing to do with the fact that water gets inside the tube. the seal on the strips suck.

Raw doesn't manufacture the strip...but they do stand behind their products.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
has anyone NOT had a problem with this brand of lights?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
The issues are seal and overloading the ground. The seal is a minor issue that is easily preventable, but the 3 wires have a bad ground. the 4 wire setup seems to be the remedy for that

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Ya, me. I installed mine a-year-and-a-half ago and have not had one single problem. They're bright (even in daylight), easy to install, and really clean-up the rear of the bike. Love 'em..............

Cheers

·
Registered
309 Posts
The issues are seal and overloading the ground. The seal is a minor issue that is easily preventable, but the 3 wires have a bad ground. the 4 wire setup seems to be the remedy for that
Wright...any suggestions on how to prevent the seal from going bad? As I've mentioned, I have had zero issues, but if that is an exposure, I'd like to stop it before it happens.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Wright...any suggestions on how to prevent the seal from going bad? As I've mentioned, I have had zero issues, but if that is an exposure, I'd like to stop it before it happens.

Thanks
The endcaps dont always seat all the way, just make sure they are glued the whole way around and if not or if its questionable put a pass going around the endcaps

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks Wright.

Again...the look on these is definately worth the investment. Here is a good shot. Changes the look and bright as hell. The pic is just the running light, the break light is 2x as bright. And this pic was taken mid day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
They are bright as hell, thats for sure. Only thing it does is make you want the T-Mod and the L&M spring to finish the ass.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I think we're talking about the same light as I have in the L&M Reaper Fender, right?

Mine is the 4-wire and ... knock wood ... not an issue at all, so far.

I'm very happy with these and they are brighter than the stock lights. I was very apprehensive early on in buying this bike to go the route of that LED lighting, but MANY assured me that it was brighter ... and they were correct.

Here's that thread:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...raw-designs-stealth-run-turn-brake-light.html

·
Registered
305 Posts
Had mine on for a year. Love it and had no real problems other than a loose fitting connector wich was easy to repair.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Raw Designs TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!

I bought my stealth led brake lights last june and the other night while riding a bunch of people came up behind me and told me my brake lights were phasing on and off so when istoppe and looked only the left side was workinay g properly so i slowly made my way home and when i called raw designs the next day i was told SORRY there isonly a one year warranty and that if i wanted to remove the light and send it back that they would look at it and fix it at A COST TO ME!!!!!! I have read pages and pages of complaints about the same problem i am having from other people and RawDesigns from what i can see just sent these people a NEW FOUR WIRE DESIGN light in which this faulty THREE WIRE DESIGN must have been redesigned BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE MUST HAVE HAD PROBLEMS!!!!! Well i guess im gonna be off the bike for a while as i see if they are gonna be able to FIX THEIR FAULTY DESIGN AT A COST TO ME!!!!! and if they cant fix it the NEXT LIGHTS I WILL BUY WILL NOT BE FROM RAW DESIGNS!!!!!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I bought my stealth led brake lights last june and the other night while riding a bunch of people came up behind me and told me my brake lights were phasing on and off so when istoppe and looked only the left side was workinay g properly so i slowly made my way home and when i called raw designs the next day i was told SORRY there isonly a one year warranty and that if i wanted to remove the light and send it back that they would look at it and fix it at A COST TO ME!!!!!! I have read pages and pages of complaints about the same problem i am having from other people and RawDesigns from what i can see just sent these people a NEW FOUR WIRE DESIGN light in which this faulty THREE WIRE DESIGN must have been redesigned BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE MUST HAVE HAD PROBLEMS!!!!! Well i guess im gonna be off the bike for a while as i see if they are gonna be able to FIX THEIR FAULTY DESIGN AT A COST TO ME!!!!! and if they cant fix it the NEXT LIGHTS I WILL BUY WILL NOT BE FROM RAW DESIGNS!!!!!
Hey welcome to the boards! Nice first post you have here........:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Order a new one and when you get it, put it on the bike. If the one you send back gets repaired, sell it on eBay or keep it around as a spare, just in case.

Or, go direct to Radiantz and buy the same thing in the configuration you need and subtract RAW from the equation altogether from this point forward.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Honestly what do you expect a lifetime warranty? Sorry to hear about your issue, and I have had issues from stuff I have bought, but a year is a long time and I'm surprised they warranty them for that long, I don't have them but still I wouldn't expect a product I buy to have a lifetime warranty.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts