Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there is probably a thread out there about this but i have to ask. just picked up my matte grey fury tonight and im getting ready to pull out the baffles from the cobra swepts. every thread i read says set the fi200 to 1-2-2 and thtst the standard every ons using. is that with and with out baffles?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I ran without baffles for a little over a year, then modified them and put them back in. I think the bike runs better with a little bit of back pressure. I am also running 1-2-2.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy for the info. I also kept checking around and the 1-2-2 is a good
Setting for all bolt on item. When you start doing major engine
Mods is when you might start tweaking it further. Thanks guys. (York, PA)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
1-2-2 is good for ALL configurations. I'm running straights and 1-2-2; AFR is happy. And, no, in terms of max power, back-pressure (any back-pressure) is never a good thing. Sometimes, if you're going to run baffles, you gotta put-up with some B/P, but it does reduce efficiency. FWIW...................

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Interesting, maybe it’s my imagination then, but the bike seemed to pull a little better. I just might pop them out and see if I notice anything.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Interesting, maybe it’s my imagination then, but the bike seemed to pull a little better. I just might pop them out and see if I notice anything.
Back-pressure becomes increasingly detrimental as the RPM's go up, because it asymptotically impedes the mass-flow. Try it both ways, using your speedo and a third or forth gear and 1/3-throttle roll-on against a fixed distance (poor-man's dyno: fence posts, road markers, etc.) And, or course, report back, so everyone can benefit from your findings.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
Back-pressure becomes increasingly detrimental as the RPM's go up, because it asymptotically impedes the mass-flow. Try it both ways, using your speedo and a third or forth gear and 1/3-throttle roll-on against a fixed distance (poor-man's dyno: fence posts, road markers, etc.) And, or course, report back, so everyone can benefit from your findings.

Cheers
when mr. flatop made me put mine back in i lost a little.even modded at the first block.i ended up drilling a 7/8 inch hole in the plug and drilled all the side holes larger.all my power is back and mr.flatop is happy.nuff said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts