Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Honda fury with cover a swept pipes In the process of taking the baffles out with a FI 2000 fuel management and a cobra air intake looking for the best settings if anybody has a similar set up to mine I see a lot of people run with 1-2-2 but I’m still getting popping on decel If anyone has a similar set up to mind I would appreciate your feedback

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 2011 Honda fury with cover a swept pipes In the process of taking the baffles out with a FI 2000 fuel management and a cobra air intake looking for the best settings if anybody has a similar set up to mine I see a lot of people run with 1-2-2 but I’m still getting popping on decel If anyone has a similar set up to mind I would appreciate your feedback
I could use the info ... getting popping too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally don’t really understand the settings on them what the three Diles do so I don’t want to mess with it too much and possibly wreck something on the bike

·
Registered
552 Posts
I also am running 1-2-2. I have the PowrFlo intake and Cobra Speedsters. The popping you hear is due to the pair valves still being in use. Invest in a pair valve delete kit, it's about $40 if memory serves. That will eliminate the decel popping.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I also am running 1-2-2. I have the PowrFlo intake and Cobra Speedsters. The popping you hear is due to the pair valves still being in use. Invest in a pair valve delete kit, it's about $40 if memory serves. That will eliminate the decel popping.
I got mine from Goheen Cycles Pair Valves Plates (dimpled!) for $14.99
Here's a link: PAIR VALVE PLATES

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
With a high flow air cleaner go for 2-3-3 or 2-3-4. When I was running that unit my bike ran worse than stock at 1-2-2, that's when I experimented and came up with the higher numbers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not quite sure what a pair valve is but I will definitely look into that thank for the information I appreciate it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With a high flow air cleaner go for 2-3-3 or 2-3-4. When I was running that unit my bike ran worse than stock at 1-2-2, that's when I experimented and came up with the higher numbers.
I think I’m going to try these settings first before I start taking the bike apart to replace the pair valves that’s a lot more work than adjusting a few settings LOL the popping really does not bother me I just did not know if the bike was supposed to do that or not

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think I’m going to try these settings first before I start taking the bike apart to replace the pair valves that’s a lot more work than adjusting a few settings LOL the popping really does not bother me I just did not know if the bike was supposed to do that or not
I would do the pair valve delete before changing the settings. Its easy to do and should only take 30/45 min if you don't rush. :)
I installed the block off plates shortly after I replaced the stock muffler and that alone almost eliminated the popping.
With the FI2000 installed, popping is gone except if I let off the throttle hard.
And for reference, running for the most part open exhaust with K&N filter in stock cleaner.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You don't replace them, you block them off with plates. Check out this video: PAIR VALVES

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not quite sure what a pair valve is but I will definitely look into that thank for the information I appreciate it
It's an easy modification. The pair valves are part of the emissions built into the bike. They pump unburnt fuel vaper into the exhaust side of the head to get burned in the exhaust pipe. The popping has always been there, it just that the stock pipes are so muffled, you can't hear it. The aftermarket pipes are much less restricted allowing you to hear all kinds of odd noises you didn't hear before. The block off plate, along with disconnecting the solenoid will stop the popping. It doesn't do anything for performance, but it will sound a like a different bike.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
It's an easy modification. The pair valves are part of the emissions built into the bike. They pump unburnt fuel vaper into the exhaust side of the head to get burned in the exhaust pipe. The popping has always been there, it just that the stock pipes are so muffled, you can't hear it. The aftermarket pipes are much less restricted allowing you to hear all kinds of odd noises you didn't hear before. The block off plate, along with disconnecting the solenoid will stop the popping. It doesn't do anything for performance, but it will sound a like a different bike.
They actually dump fresh air, not fuel vapor. Otherwise cutting out this use of gasoline would indeed change something, you could expect a mileage increase! Increased O2 in the exhaust stream facilitates more burning of the unspent fuel in the exhaust gasses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I keep mine at the settings the controller came with for the fury, it runs great never pops hardly at all, sounds great

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I never did the pair valve thing and my bike has popped on decel since I first bought it. It's not excessive. Only when I rev it high and let off all the way.

You can play with the settings on the fuel controller and not hurt the bike. Bump each one up a notch, test ride, bump up some more. You'll either not get enough fuel or too much and you should easily be able to tell either way. When I first got my bike I left it at the lower settings with aftermarket exhaust and it ran fine. When I got the Cobra air breather, it ran like shit, way too lean. I think I'm somewhere around 2-3-4 now.

Just play with it a little and you'll be able to easily tune it in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts