Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked Bare's VTX page on changing final drive oil, but the drain plug pictured on his site seems to be in a different place than on my Fury. My drain plug also looks like an allen plug? Is this correct, or I am looking at the wrong plug? Fill plug looks the same as the one on Bare's site. Thanks for any help on this drain plug.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
The drain plug is indeed the allen screw on the bottom of the final drive. The fill screw is the large one on the side middle.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 52. Do you by chance know the correct size of the allen? If not, ok. Good to know I'm looking at the right plug!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, I'm going to change mine this weekend. Going to use Mobil 1 synthetic 75x90 gear lube. Should I add the moly (t-5) that I have read about on other forums, or should the Mobil 1 be OK without additional additives? Have you changed yours?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Clueless. From a noob to a senior member of this forum, You da man!!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
What the recommended mileage to do this at?
If I'm not mistaken I think the service manual says at 8,000 miles.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I change mine every 3000 miles or so and the old fluid always comes out dirty.....it only take 15-20 minutes to do......very very easy.......I use Mobil 1 synthetic 75/90 Probaly 'anal' but I like to know the oil is clean....

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Well I probably won't do mine that often, but I will change mine at the next oil change and then start changing it every oil change, which will be once a year or 4k miles whichever comes first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts