Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clueless;

I wonder if you could check your shop manuals and see if any of the other 1300's have a LOWER RATIO Final Drive Gearbox, and if they would be interchangeable to the Fury? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
Bar

I agree with you. When I'm "cruising" at 60 - 70 (Heh Heh), I'd like the engine RPM's a bit lower. Is that what you're after as well?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bar

I agree with you. When I'm "cruising" at 60 - 70 (Heh Heh), I'd like the engine RPM's a bit lower. Is that what you're after as well?
Actually, Jimmy, I'm lookin' to go the other way.

Cheers

·
Registered
710 Posts
Duuuhhhh

I see. L O W E R Ratio........Better acceleration off the line is what you're after.

I do a lot of highway cruising here in AZ, and would like the RPM's down a tad. I still think it will pull hard through the gears. IMHO.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Duuuhhhh

I see. L O W E R Ratio........Better acceleration off the line is what you're after.

I do a lot of highway cruising here in AZ, and would like the RPM's down a tad. I still think it will pull hard through the gears. IMHO.
You got it!

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
The VTX1300 has a final of 2.818 (31/11) P/N 41310-MEA-670 (gear set)
The Fury same BUT P/N 41310-MFR-670
The VTX1800 has a final of 3.091 (34/11) P/N 41310-MCH-000

The entire finals are NOT interchangeable Fury to VTX. I know alot of 1800 riders use the 1300 final to reduce the RPMs on the highway and some VTX1300 use the 1800 final for low end power, I don't know what is diff about the gear sets. The Fury specific p/n's all have "MFR"
in the center. There is a guy on the VTX board that works alot with the finals, rebuilding and chroming them, you might email him and he may know the diff in the gears,

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
FYI The rear wheels drive flanges on the VTX and the Fury are the same also p/n 42630-MCH-000. The Fury has a larger dia axle bolt, I put a VTX wheel on mine last week, the axle would not go thru, in case you want to try a smaller dia. wheel, (the VTX 1300 is 15", the 1800 is 16")

1 - 7 of 7 Posts