Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
interchangabity?

Hi guys. First off i dont have a fury, Im from V4musclebike.com. my question is does anyone know if the rear wheel drive spline on the fury is the same as the rear wheel drive spline on an 84 vf700 magna? i do know the magna drive spline has six posts that mate to the wheel itself. but i havent been able to find specs on either spline or even a picture of the fury drive spline. reason im asking is i like the look of a wide rear tire( wider than stock) and if the drive spline from the fury is the same as my magna's, then all i have to do is get the rear wheel and mod the swing arm to fit the tire. any ideas guys? :confused:

· Registered
3 Posts
thanks for that, it helped alot. and in concer to the angles on the shaft, ive also recently found a modified goldwing with a 300 rear tire. the swing are and shaft were custom made using suburu joints for the shaft. albeit im not engineer like the builder of the wing was, but i do have mechanical kno how and im decent at fabrication. another option i was looking at would be to just replace the entire rear assemby from my bike with the assembly from the rear of the fury. as long as the distance between the frame was the same, or close and the splines on the shaft coming out of the motor matched up, it seems that would be a better option, seeing as how that arm is alrdy built for that tire and breaking set up

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks again senor. once i tear into the heads on my engine and see if the cams are still at the point of saving with an oil mod( V4's had oiling problems to the head's) i will proceed with the measurements to see if it is even possible. if it ends up being something that can be done, i will post pics on here and on my page at the V4muscle site. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.