Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up my baby today. After riding around a little bit I ran home to finally eat something. While eating I was thinking of a spot for the inspection sticker without a sticker plate. I am looking at the lower forks and noticed the caliper. To my surprise the mounting bolt hole was broke. Its the lower of the two with the rubber bushings. I was able to move the caliper and the pads almost fell out. After my minor heart attack I called the dealer and told them. Since it was almost 5pm they said not to ride it and they will tow it back to the dealer tomorrow. The owner was very apologetic and said he will do right by me. Im glad I notice it before going out riding all night. I could of lost the pads and rear ended and broke my plastic fender lol. Seriously I am so pissed of since I only got 15 miles on her. Do yourselves a favor and check the mounting bracket for your front caliper. I might of got a bad seed.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
OHHH FUDDGGGE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Sorry to hear, but Darren will make it right. They made good on the scratch i had on the head light housing.

I will say this, and i never told NY Honda .. but after they installed the chrome wheels they forgot to tighten the bolt that holds the rear brake line ot the frame. I found it while washing the bike when i got home that day. Their service may be shoddy, but it beats some of the other shops i have heard of around here on the island.

Good Luck .. and Hang in.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im cool about it but still disappointed. In the 15 miles I rode I had many compliments on it. I just got finished removeing all stickers and reflectors. A quick wipe down and alot of smiling made up for it all. I hope they will have it fixed tomorrow. I dont want to miss anymore ride time in my off work hours.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
i would think that Darren will have Rob ( head mechanic ) get right on it, as Darren doesnt want you to call Honda Corp for all the wrong reasons. Like i said, their sercie dept is ok ... just tack on a couple hours to what they are telling you it should take for what ever you take it in for.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Well I picked up my baby today. After riding around a little bit I ran home to finally eat something. While eating I was thinking of a spot for the inspection sticker without a sticker plate. I am looking at the lower forks and noticed the caliper. To my surprise the mounting bolt hole was broke. Its the lower of the two with the rubber bushings. I was able to move the caliper and the pads almost fell out. After my minor heart attack I called the dealer and told them. Since it was almost 5pm they said not to ride it and they will tow it back to the dealer tomorrow. The owner was very apologetic and said he will do right by me. Im glad I notice it before going out riding all night. I could of lost the pads and rear ended and broke my plastic fender lol. Seriously I am so pissed of since I only got 15 miles on her. Do yourselves a favor and check the mounting bracket for your front caliper. I might of got a bad seed.
Awsome!:D and That sucks!:mad: At the same time.
What color did you get!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You heard wrong. Its actually slower from the lack of a clear coat and wax.:eek:
FUNNY!!!

You boys can have your pretty bikes.
All I know is if our bikes were alive our matte silvers would beat the livin S*&t out of your pretty asses!
Our bikes are the bad asses of the group. I like it that way.:cool:
Don't take it out on us because you can't reverse your color mistakes.
Oh, and yes, it is the fastest, and the bestest bike ever!!:D

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
FUNNY!!!

All I know is if our bikes were alive our matte silvers would beat the livin S*&t out of your pretty asses!
Well ... i guess im just gonna sit here and shut my pretty ass up then.:eek: =X

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOO HOO Right on baby! HAHA
Too bad they didnt black the motor out with this color since they gave us the rims. That would definitely be badass!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
WOO HOO Right on baby! HAHA
Too bad they didnt black the motor out with this color since they gave us the rims. That would definitely be badass!
there are a couple of bikes here with that same exact color scheme with pics. I wouldnt even know how to use the SEARCH for those, but they are here.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive seen the DIY on painting the motor black. It seems like something I would have a local body shop do for me in the off season. I would leave so many drips it would be disgusting. Definitely something I may do though.
During the course of reading everything in this forum, all of you cracked me up. You all have a good sense of humor. You are all cool cats in my book!

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
FUNNY!!!

+1........

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
+1...our matte silver bikes are the best thing since the combination of football and beer.
Let me ask yall this .. what do you have at your front door? What is under your feet when you drive ... thats right ladies and gentlemen .. A MATT! Thats all the Matte Silver is good for .. just sitting there, collecting dirt and the occasional lump of dog shit! LOLOLOL.:eek:

IkidIkid.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Black is bee-u-tee-full.

and she cruz mucho nice-o.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Headlight bucket

When i purchased my matte silver the headlight bucket chrome had bubbles in it at the tabe where it connected to the bike mounts. They ordered me a new one and i took the bike back to get it mounted. So far that was the only think that's happend. Sorry to hear about your bike but your very lucky you found it.

Safe riding.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts