Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, ive been looking on here a lot trying to find pictures of a white fury with a blacked out engine and polished fins and havent been able to find any. SSSOOOOO I figured i would do it and take some pictures. I love the look, and it really brought the bike together.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Looks like a lot of work. Now you got to find good aftermarket parts for the muffler and intake.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok guys, ive been looking on here a lot trying to find pictures of a white fury with a blacked out engine and polished fins and havent been able to find any. SSSOOOOO I figured i would do it and take some pictures. I love the look, and it really brought the bike together.
looks perfect :D I want to do that

·
Registered
680 Posts

How many hours invested? Any tips to make it go easier? Plan on doing it this winter if I still keep the biker

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How many hours invested? Any tips to make it go easier? Plan on doing it this winter if I still keep the biker

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Quite a few, more than i expected there would be. 3-4 hours on a Friday evening 8-10 that saturday, atleast one hour s,m,t,w,t evening 3-4 that friday evening 10-12 that saturday with help from a friend and a couple monday putting it back together. About the only tips i have would be to have alot of patience. If you dont have any, i wouldnt try it. if you get tired of doing it walk away to keep from short-cutting. A friend to help out would go a looonnnngggg way as long as its one you trust to work on your bike

·
Registered
77 Posts
The biggest tip from when I did mine was to remember that the prep work counts WAY more than the actual painting. I did my whole motor in about 8 hours but I didn't polish the fins, I kept them black, Stock up on green scuff pads and just really thoroughly scuff up everything you want painted if you want it to last. Mine came out fantastic, and now that I powder coated the pipes and put a black Intake on I am absolutely LOVING the look of my bike.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Looks great. As soon as I can get the electricity run to my shop I'm planning to work on doing this. It's a must on my bike. I don't care if I have to pay someone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great. As soon as I can get the electricity run to my shop I'm planning to work on doing this. It's a must on my bike. I don't care if I have to pay someone.
The best thing i can tell everyone is to check out the write up on this by Vray69. He has an extensive write up on it step by step. Its what i read before i pulled the trigger on the project. Not sure i would ever do it again but now that its done i love it. I wanted to give everyone a look into how it would look on a white fury since i couldnt find an pictures. I used different paint than vray and sanded to 1500 on the fins instead of the 1000 he used but other than that i did what he did.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I did mine a while back... I used self etching primer and flat black high temp paint.... the self etching primer saves a lot of time sanding because it bites into what ever you spray it on... just an FYI... mine is white also and it does make the bike look great... the flat black I used ties into the matte black frame nicely... more pics in my album if your interested... yours looks great by the way

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
I've subscribed to that thread. And I agree with the self etching primer. I don't see why more people aren't using it.

I like the idea of the half black and half chrome tops. Looks really good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Huh, your bike looks like a holiday present like that... LOL, kind of funny... Nice engine by the way, funny pic.. ;-)

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I've subscribed to that thread. And I agree with the self etching primer. I don't see why more people aren't using it.

Thanks... I like it because it kinda tones down the chrome without getting rid of all of it... I know I will catch flack for this statement but her it goes... "in my opinion" there is too much plasti-chrome from the factory... but too each there own... whatever floats your boat... a little less chrome on this bike floats mine... lol

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Thanks... I like it because it kinda tones down the chrome without getting rid of all of it... I know I will catch flack for this statement but her it goes... "in my opinion" there is too much plasti-chrome from the factory... but too each there own... whatever floats your boat... a little less chrome on this bike floats mine... lol

Floats mine too. I've died down the chrome on mine too. I think you're idea may look good on my theme too. Wanna do my engine? Lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Never even thought about it. My buddy did that did the painting never mentioned it, he works for a body shop so idk. We scuffed up really good and made sure to run the engine through heat cycles to make sure the high heat paint cured. guess it could have saved us some time scuffing though

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Floats mine too. I've died down the chrome on mine too. I think you're idea may look good on my theme too. Wanna do my engine? Lol

Lol... its a lot of work... but... mine didn't take nearly as long as some of the guys on here.... not saying anything against anyone... I'm sure that you can probably go over theirs with a fine toothed comb and never find a flaw... with that being said... I have always been of the mind set that if you are close enough to my bike to see the flaw.... you are too damb close.... lol.... I primed painted and polished the fins in about 3-4 hours... my fins are probably not nearly as highly polished as some of these guys on here and I am ok with that... after paint was dry I simply took my cordless drill and put one of those paint stripping wheels on it that looks like a black scouring pad... you can get them at any parts store... and proceeded to go over all the fins until they were down to aluminum... like I said probably not as shiney as everyone elses but it didn't take me 6 months either... lol... and that means more time riding... I think thats a good trade:D Here is a close up pic of the upper fins after I polished them but before re installation.. it kinda gives it a brushed aluminum look that I like

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol... its a lot of work... but... mine didn't take nearly as long as some of the guys on here.... not saying anything against anyone... I'm sure that you can probably go over theirs with a fine toothed comb and never find a flaw... with that being said... I have always been of the mind set that if you are close enough to my bike to see the flaw.... you are too damb close.... lol.... I primed painted and polished the fins in about 3-4 hours... my fins are probably not nearly as highly polished as some of these guys on here and I am ok with that... after paint was dry I simply took my cordless drill and put one of those paint stripping wheels on it that looks like a black scouring pad... you can get them at any parts store... and proceeded to go over all the fins until they were down to aluminum... like I said probably not as shiney as everyone elses but it didn't take me 6 months either... lol... and that means more time riding... I think thats a good trade:D Here is a close up pic of the upper fins after I polished them but before re installation.. it kinda gives it a brushed aluminum look that I like
yea i wanted more of a polished look to mine than a brushed. im gonna say 98% of my time was filing, sanding, sanding, sanding and polishing lol. The actuall scuff and paint wasnt but 2 or 3 hours. Gonna hijack my own thread here, Kbuskill, where did you get your front fender relocation brackets? how much? and did they move the fender closer to the tire?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts