Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally removed my reflectors, had a kinda smart idea for back reflectors

This is my idea to remove rear reflectors. I was able to twist the fronts off then peal the tape, didnt want to scuff anything up and plastic doesnt scuff to easily aslong as it has a smooth edge. the rears i used the fronts bevel to wedge them out a little, then soaked with GooGone, they kept a nice wedge to help pull the tape so I just soaked then left sit for about 30 mins tried tried to pull off and resoaked till it came off.

I said when i had a rain day that i didnt want to ride i would do it!!!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That-a-boy, good job. Cool idea on the back.
yeah, i like trying new things to make stuff easier or capible of being done by everyone this way its the time to get fronts off then a min or 2 here and there

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
yeah, i like trying new things to make stuff easier or capible of being done by everyone this way its the time to get fronts off then a min or 2 here and there
Looks good and a nice Job!! I'm not sure having the ones is the rear is a disqualification to the rule book for joining the non reflector club. This might be a definite violation to the club rules. Richard can you look that up to see if he is still eligible to join.

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
I kept my rear side fender reflectors on.....in case I have no battery power and am in the dark...hope it never happens, but out in the country, it pays to have some reflecting...it's dang dark at night on the backroads.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kept my rear side fender reflectors on.....in case I have no battery power and am in the dark...hope it never happens, but out in the country, it pays to have some reflecting...it's dang dark at night on the backroads.
Thought about that then realized the shadow to the side of my bike, yeah the ancient mix of random bike colors that parts fit from, has saddle bags that cover the rear reflectors so why have them, this thing has shiney chrome and paint still so it will reflect more than the shadow if i break down.

on the 3rd pic you can see about 1/4 of the reflector on the shadow

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe nice. You could always cover every inch of the bike in reflectors rather than chrome stuff.
chrome every inch of the bike except for seat, lenses and seals rather than reflectors, that would be kinda cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.