Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm here.
I'm from Toronto area in Ontario.
I've been riding sportbikes mostly for years. not short rides. before kids i would do about 15000km in a season on my cbr600.
grew up always wanting a Harley , but the money it was going to take to get what i wanted, then customize it to fit me they way i want it, and look the way i wanted, it was a back burner project for years to come.
Started looking at customs from a few small Canadian shops about 15 years ago...
Then one day i saw a Fury...about 5 years ago or so...it sounded great, had the long lean look to it. was narrow to sit on.
had the tank and raked out a bit...i was in love.
finally did it and pickup one late this summer. I've got about 6-700 miles so far and i love it more everytime i toss my leg over it.
still a little worried about long distance comfort. so far i've done about 250-300 km in a straight ride without issue...but still need to hit a big day of riding...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
Welcome! What's your typical "long ride?" If you get the Fury set up so it fits you, and you it, it's pretty good. Who'm I kidding...it's crap, but you look good.

I like about 300 miles (480km) / day on a Butt Crack. I've done more, but that's a comfortable maximum with sight seeing and meeting people. I've about 4 other saddles, but the Danny Gray (or even stock) works best for me.

Kenny is right, the ECU Reflash, air-ride, a seat that fits your can, and adjusting things to fit you makes it reasonable for a cross-country trip (you'd have to know him to know that, the guy is a master at making things work). BlueJ did it with pretty much a stock suspension setup, but that's not for everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Welcome from California! Definitely a different ride from the sportbike, I rode an MT last year and it felt like I was nearly into the street face-first.

We have a google map of the Fury Nation, you can see it from the link above my signature picture. I'm putting willing members, ride locations, routes, events as I hear about them, hangouts, etc. If you WANT, I can add you in there with a zip/postal code, no addresses!! If you don't want to that's fine too, check the map out and see if anyone is near you!

Be safe out there, and enjoy! We sure do!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! What's your typical "long ride?" If you get the Fury set up so it fits you, and you it, it's pretty good. Who'm I kidding...it's crap, but you look good.

I like about 300 miles (480km) / day on a Butt Crack. I've done more, but that's a comfortable maximum with sight seeing and meeting people. I've about 4 other saddles, but the Danny Gray (or even stock) works best for me.

Kenny is right, the ECU Reflash, air-ride, a seat that fits your can, and adjusting things to fit you makes it reasonable for a cross-country trip (you'd have to know him to know that, the guy is a master at making things work). BlueJ did it with pretty much a stock suspension setup, but that's not for everyone.
typical long rides haven't happened in a while due to kids, but as they get older and enjoy riding with me i want to get back to it...normal for me was 1000 km (625miles) a day. i head off somewhere. ride around that area have lunch/dinner and ride home.
I'm not sure what seat is on the bike. the dealer i bought from says it was aftermarket, but certainly doesn't look much different then the stock seat. at this point it has been comfy and friendly to me...only time will tell...
i love the smile it puts on my face when i start it and sit down...it is just bad ass.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
i love the smile it puts on my face when i start it and sit down...it is just bad ass.
Welcome from Alabama. Bad Assery is what the Fury is all about.

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
147 Posts
Well I'm here.
I'm from Toronto area in Ontario.
I've been riding sportbikes mostly for years. not short rides. before kids i would do about 15000km in a season on my cbr600.
grew up always wanting a Harley , but the money it was going to take to get what i wanted, then customize it to fit me they way i want it, and look the way i wanted, it was a back burner project for years to come.
Started looking at customs from a few small Canadian shops about 15 years ago...
Then one day i saw a Fury...about 5 years ago or so...it sounded great, had the long lean look to it. was narrow to sit on.
had the tank and raked out a bit...i was in love.
finally did it and pickup one late this summer. I've got about 6-700 miles so far and i love it more everytime i toss my leg over it.
still a little worried about long distance comfort. so far i've done about 250-300 km in a straight ride without issue...but still need to hit a big day of riding...
Welcome from Iowa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts