Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a sweet ride! I just picked mine up today.I put about 40 miles on it before I had to head to work.Coming from a 1000 sportbike its going to get a little used to,but the thing handles very good for such a heavy bike the center of gravity is low so it feels alot lighter than it really is.The riding position is comfortable my only complaint is the the seat needs a little more padding,not a big deal since I`m gonna get them recovered anyway.The motor has pretty good torque and I gotta get used to the rev limiter kicking in so soon.The last v-twin I rode was my ducati 1098s so the Fury seems a little weak to me.I never rode the regular vtx 1300 but the honda tech who rode it says its got more juice than it.The first thing that has to go are the pipes it sounds ok idling but once you hammer down on it going down the road with a open face helmet the wind noise drowns out the pipes.The top speed is 100mph in 5th gear on the rev limiter but it is very stable and smooth at all speeds,it is way more stable than the 1200 sporty I had the front end would get really squirlly on it past 85.The brakes are really good alot better than I expected.The fit and finish is excellent.The only thing I dont like are the plasticky bits like the rear fender,head covers,and what you would consider the left side primary cover.I did notice a bit of oil on the clutch cover after my first ride of about 10 miles before I stopped at a buddies house.I wiped it off hoping it`s not a leak. I think it might have been a some oil residew from assembly that the wind blew out when I was riding.After I wiped it off and rode somemore it didn`t return.Everyone who saw the bike commented how good it looks and that it doesnt look like a honda at all.My intial impression is that the fury is a pretty decent bike a few mods and it will be better.The mods that I will be doing are firstly ripping off all the decals and reflectors on the forks and rear fender,relocating the tag and rear blinkers and integrating the blinkers into the rear tailight,a set of aftermarket slash cut pipes,high flow air filter,and power commander,and recovering the seats with alligator or ostrich skin and adding a little more cushion,and may chroming the wheels.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for the input!!! It's good to know cause I'm taking possession of mine on Monday morning!!! Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fury Review

Awesome, it is good to see people finally purchasing and rising the new Fury. I just left the dealership where they had one in stock, it was tough not to finance my life away and get it. But I will wait, and it may be a while from the way the dealership spoke.

I wrote my feedback from both my wife and I sitting on it on a blog site www.hondafuryblog.com if anyone is interested in reading it. I snapped a few photos too.

Patrick

·
Registered
37 Posts
I picked out the maroon Fury. Put on almost 100 miles the first night. This thing runs sooo much better than my old vtx1300c. I agree once you get going you can't hear the exhaust. The louder the safer I always say. Looks alone won't make Mr. texter look up from their phone. Are there any aftermarket pipes around yet?

·
Registered
52 Posts
My June 2009 Cycle World that just came in the mail has a review on the Honda Fury. It claims she gets an average of 46 MPH and has an average range of about 156 miles.

The Fury gets a good review as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's not bad avg 156 miles! Could be better but hey just means more stops at the gas station but who cares right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts