Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a pic of my first motorcycle some twenty odd years ago.
It's a Honda CX 500 custom. I believe it's a 1979 model I bought in 1984. I would like to see pics of your first rides, and when you rode em.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Agreed. Great bike. I think I will cry when I finally sell it. You never forget your first!
I am really going to date myself with this.
First bike - Honda XR75 back in the day when you had to get off the couch to change the antenna to get one of three channels. I was eight. :)
T

·
Registered
500 Posts
Honda super-90; 1967 or so. Damn I wish I had a pic of that little chugger lol. Hauled myself and my girlfriend everywhere on that tough lil hummer all that summer; didn't have a car yet. Just bought the bike 'cause there was no bus service out in the boonies and hitchhiking everywhere got old fast; who knew it'd start a lifelong passion :)?

·
Registered
373 Posts
My dads old '83 V65 Magna. Been riding almost a year. It is a tough old bike.

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
my first was a 62 sooner.just a bunch of parts my dad helped me put together.dont have any pics but i still have all the scars.keep the rubber on the ground and have a nice ride.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
my first was a 62 sooner.just a bunch of parts my dad helped me put together.dont have any pics but i still have all the scars.keep the rubber on the ground and have a nice ride.
460brevill,
That's a beautiful area you live in. Spent about 18 months outside Blacksburg a long time ago. Being a big city west cast kid I was amazed at the colors in the fall - it's breath taking. Compared to SoCal, which is shades of brown, unless irrigated.
T

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
we spent the weekend on the blueridge.what a sight.everyone should try it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Honda super-90; 1967 or so. Damn I wish I had a pic of that little chugger lol. Hauled myself and my girlfriend everywhere on that tough lil hummer all that summer; didn't have a car yet. Just bought the bike 'cause there was no bus service out in the boonies and hitchhiking everywhere got old fast; who knew it'd start a lifelong passion :)?
Me too. 1965 red honda S-90. Was a Honda mechanic but quit to go to college. Rode it through college and off and on through 1979. Still have it in the back corner of my garage waiting to be restored. Between that and the new Matte, I hade a short stint with a Harley 250 Sprint 80's. Later a 1980 Yamaha 400 Special II G which I just got running decent and lookin pretty good so I can sell it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
besides numerous dirt bikes my first street bikes were a honda shadow that i turned into a bobber and a Vulcan both a bought on the same day. i painted the shadow and sold them both and bought a fury. heres some pics of them both. and my fathers gold wing trike..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
This is a picture of my first and second street bike :D

First: The Blue 04 Yamaha R1
Second: The Red 07 Ducati 1098S

The other bike is my buddies 08 GSXR 750

·
Banned
142 Posts
1st ride

87 vt 700----very nice bike...showroom clean classic, just a bit too small. it was a great starter bike though! GO BRONCS....HELL YEAH!!!!!!! WHATA WIN:p

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts