Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have decided to take a last minute, random road trip. (Those are always the best, right?) I got approval from the boss to take off work tomorrow and Wednesday. My buddy and I are riding up to Heber Springs, Arkansas to Greer's Ferry Lake and Little Red River. Awesome scenery at the base of the Ozark Mountains. About a two and half hour ride from Memphis, TN.

We are packing light, just a change of clothes and sleeping bag. We are going to try and break down some fishing poles to take with us. Here is my question...what is the best way to carry luggage on the Fury? I don't have a sissy bar. I am thinking a back pack and tie down the sleeping bag, with the fishing poles to the passenger seat. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Undo the very back screw on the passanger seat and slide two straps under the seat and thighten the seat back down. you can then use the straps to hold a gym bag to the seat, make sure you run the straps through the handle on the gym bag.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey guys, I have decided to take a last minute, random road trip. (Those are always the best, right?) I got approval from the boss to take off work tomorrow and Wednesday. My buddy and I are riding up to Heber Springs, Arkansas to Greer's Ferry Lake and Little Red River. Awesome scenery at the base of the Ozark Mountains. About a two and half hour ride from Memphis, TN.

We are packing light, just a change of clothes and sleeping bag. We are going to try and break down some fishing poles to take with us. Here is my question...what is the best way to carry luggage on the Fury? I don't have a sissy bar. I am thinking a back pack and tie down the sleeping bag, with the fishing poles to the passenger seat. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!!
I just got back from a very little long-weekend getaway road trip myself. It was only 800 miles total. :) I was able to pack a lotta gear on my Fury. Here's a few pics of my bike loaded up and of the trip. I would recommend whatever you use, that you use ratcheting straps as opposed to bungees. They hold things much more securely without moving around. I just ran the straps under the passenger seat and sissy bar frame. Made it very sturdy and also a very comfy backrest that was secure and solid. Here's the link...

No Destination...Just RIDE! | Facebook

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Undo the very back screw on the passanger seat and slide two straps under the seat and thighten the seat back down. you can then use the straps to hold a gym bag to the seat, make sure you run the straps through the handle on the gym bag.
I did exactly this and it worked great! I took a backpack, sleeping bag, cooler and even a fishing pole. I used a hook net and 2 tie downs. My buddy and I rode up to Heber Springs to do some trout fishing. Due to the recent flooding in the Mid-South, it took us a while to get there. We had a great time though! If anyone is interested, I posted some pics to PhotoBucket.

http://www.photobucket.com/hebersprings

(I haven't got a chance to take off the stickers and reflectors yet, so you guys be easy on me! haha)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I did exactly this and it worked great! I took a backpack, sleeping bag, cooler and even a fishing pole. I used a hook net and 2 tie downs. My buddy and I rode up to Heber Springs to do some trout fishing. Due to the recent flooding in the Mid-South, it took us a while to get there. We had a great time though! If anyone is interested, I posted some pics to PhotoBucket.

http://www.photobucket.com/hebersprings

(I haven't got a chance to take off the stickers and reflectors yet, so you guys be easy on me! haha)
Don't see any fish pics :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts