Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So day after day those rear turn signals were bugging me, so intsead of purchasing a new helmet which was supposed to be repainted to match the fury, i came across some cheap marker lights which can be mounted flush, I said hmmm for 15bucks I'll give it a go.

So here they are... smoked lense nice and bright and they kind of put that flow back into the rear end... Next I think is to remove the Lplate...

---------------

Edit: Ooops I did it again. New back marker lights for safety and preperation of ridding myself of the L.P. clogging the back up.

Attachments

· Registered
13,014 Posts
So day after day those rear turn signals were bugging me, so intsead of purchasing a new helmet which was supposed to be repainted to match the fury, i came across some cheap marker lights which can be mounted flush, I said hmmm for 15bucks I'll give it a go.

So here they are... smoked lense nice and bright and they kind of put that flow back into the rear end... Next I think is to remove the Lplate...
Those are awesome! Where did you get those?

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought them at a local motocycle shop, funny thing is they are for a CBR929, but they are turn signals so I said what the hell, I will note though they will not fill the entire hole from the stock lights, so I had to fill the gap with washers and painted them, hardly noticeable though.

I still love the look I got from the old lady, it's week old WTF you doing? :D

· Registered
13,014 Posts
I bought them at a local motocycle shop, funny thing is they are for a CBR929, but they are turn signals so I said what the hell, I will note though they will not fill the entire hole from the stock lights, so I had to fill the gap with washers and painted them, hardly noticeable though.

I still love the look I got from the old lady, it's week old WTF you doing? :D
Really cool.....and no big deal about the painted washers. I've seen others on here do that when changing out turn signals.

Some women just don't understand. :D You're going to be making plenty of changes, may as well start now! ;) My exhaust was the first to go. Had it figured in with the payments. :D

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really cool.....and no big deal about the painted washers. I've seen others on here do that when changing out turn signals.

Some women just don't understand. :D You're going to be making plenty of changes, may as well start now! ;) My exhaust was the first to go. Had it figured in with the payments. :D
lol yeah after she said that I explained to her what 'chopper' originated from, and wait till I get my pipes, she rolled eyes and said, "If you wanted to chop something then why didn't you chop the shadow"

They don't understand do they... :p

· Premium Member
712 Posts
I love it. This is why I joined this forum. I wanted to get some good ideas. And that my friend is a good idea. I want them. Actually I need them. LOL . Got a part #

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Safety is also the reason I would like to do this. I have removed the big clunky OEM ones and fabbed up an integrated tail / break / signal. I now have blanks in where the OEM signals where. So for Safety why not install some cool looking signals in there place. I will run them both

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Make and Model of the lights please? Do you have a side shot?
I need to find the packaging, I know I saved it, but finding it in my garage is proving to be a challenge. If anyone is interested I'll pick them up here and ship them out to who ever want's them... I think they had 2 left after I bought mine, they're closed fridays (don't ask why) so maybe I'll stop tomorrow to get the P#'s for you all if I can't find my packaging. I tested them in very sunny conditions and if drivers are paying attention to your brake light they can easily see the turns but we all know how ignorant motorists are to bikers. I'm still a fan of hand signals so safety is big with me and I'm satisfied with how illuminescent they are in day/night.

· Premium Member
1,965 Posts
I spoke with a sport biker last night and he got a fix it ticket for his turn signals not being spaced 9 inches apart in the rear. (Under the rear fender too closely spaced)
They also got him for having flush mounted front turn signals on his flaring.
The flush mount resulted in them not being forward facing.. Facing on the sides..

Got me thinking that it will be just a matter of time when they get me for the RAW LED turn signals..:p
The fender width is 9 inches on the Fury from end to end, so maybe I'm cover.. probably not..:eek:
T

· Registered
1,411 Posts

---------------

Edit: Ooops I did it again. New back marker lights for safety and preperation of ridding myself of the L.P. clogging the back up.
I am not knocking your mod dude but they kind of look like a truck cab light mounted on the side. Look good just sort of looks like that. I hate the OEM myself just haven't figured out what to do yet.

· Premium Member
712 Posts

---------------

That’s not the same pic as last time. I like the other one better. Can you send me a pic and part # of the other lights. Please and thank you

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not knocking your mod dude but they kind of look like a truck cab light mounted on the side. Look good just sort of looks like that. I hate the OEM myself just haven't figured out what to do yet.
Funny you mentioned that cause that's what I was going purchase before I saw these. The ones I had were much smaller and like Gar said visibility was hampered so I elected to go with something larger.

That’s not the same pic as last time. I like the other one better. Can you send me a pic and part # of the other lights. Please and thank you
Tony I'll get the p# when I go on Monday since I need a refill of my S100 goodness or if you'd like I'll pick them up and ship them to you.

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
The old turn (wing) signal holes

Here was my fix. Instead of paint and a washer, I went to my local auto parts store and bought Black plastic 1 1/8" hood insulation retainers $2 and popped them right in the holes with a touch of black silicone for insurance. perfect color match!!!! Game over!!!!!!!!:D

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.