Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone taken their reflectors off the rear fender and front forks if so how did you do it with out damaging the paint what are the tricks out there
thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
search the forum there are plenty of responses to that question...it is not hard just heat them up and pull the off and removed the glue with goo b gone or something else like that....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Reflector removal

I took all of mine off including the Honda label on the side covers.
I used a plastic scraper, $1 at home depot, pulled the reflector away from the fender with my hand and pushed the plastic scraper between the fender and the reflector to release the sticky tape. Most of the sticky residue came off the fender and the forks so I just used soap and water along with a terry cloth towel to remove any remaining then waxed the area. For the Honda emblems I used a little Goo Be Gone on a towel to remove the sticky residue but I wouldn't use any of this on any painted surfaces.
I like the looks without the reflectors..... Now its time to change the turn signals.....:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Dental floss, or light fishing line, and WD40 will take the glue off without hurting the paint

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reflector removal and tail light assembly replaced

My boss just got a new Fury, first thing he did was remove reflectors using fishing line. Dental floss will work as well. Just held on with double sided tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I took all of mine off including the Honda label on the side covers.
I used a plastic scraper, $1 at home depot, pulled the reflector away from the fender with my hand and pushed the plastic scraper between the fender and the reflector to release the sticky tape. Most of the sticky residue came off the fender and the forks so I just used soap and water along with a terry cloth towel to remove any remaining then waxed the area. For the Honda emblems I used a little Goo Be Gone on a towel to remove the sticky residue but I wouldn't use any of this on any painted surfaces.
I like the looks without the reflectors..... Now its time to change the turn signals.....:D
So the Honda label is on by tape as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts