Honda Fury Forums: banner

Where do we want to hold the Florida Fury meet and greet?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Votes for the location for the meet & Greet seem to be leaning towards two places so here's another Poll to come to one final location.

We still need to finalize a date so jump in with your thoughts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I suggest a meet this Sunday afternoon. If we can get at least 6 or 7 Furys to participate, it will be well worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I suggest a meet this Sunday afternoon. If we can get at least 6 or 7 Furys to participate, it will be well worth it.
Out of town this weekend. Easter next weekend.
So 30Apr or 01May are soonest available dates for me - unless you pick a weekday.
But, I understand that we'll never get a date that fits everyone's schedule. There's always other rides to be arranged.

Again, the map-ability comes to this thread:
Hooters @ I-4 and US98 Lakeland Exit 32
.. 3400 US 98 North
.. Lakeland, FL 33809
.. (863) 859-7772 ‎
OR
Crackle Barrel, one mile north of I-4 on US27 Exit 55
.. 111 Dunson Ln
.. Davenport, FL 33896-8315
.. (863) 424-8100 ‎

·
Registered
252 Posts
Meet & Greet date

So 30Apr or 01May are soonest available dates for me - unless you pick a weekday.
But, I understand that we'll never get a date that fits everyone's schedule. There's always other rides to be arranged.
April 30th sounds good to me , as 2011MatteOrange mentioned Sundays are very busy at the Cracker Barrel :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Any date after Easter. Just allow two weeks notice for those who have to sched. time off.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
... Sundays are very busy at the Cracker Barrel :eek:
Then ... choose Hooters. More protein ... I've seen the proof :rolleyes:

AND, if we get there and either of these places are too busy to host us, there's a Sonny's Pit Bar-B-Q off that same exit, as well as a Bob Evans (long as your arm, er, down on the farm) ... as well as a Roadhouse Grill, too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i know i am the new guy here , but i think that you should give at least 3-4 weeks notice of a set place and time in order to assure the most participation.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
We can do that however I don't think we'll have much participation on such short notice.... As long as 4 or 5 of us are gonna be there I will as well. Just let me know. I am focused on the bigger meet & greet of 10 to 15+ Fury's showing up. Might be wishful thinking but I am confident we can put it together.

Again, the map-ability comes to this thread:
.. 3400 US 98 North
.. Lakeland, FL 33809
.. (863) 859-7772 ‎
OR
Crackle Barrel, one mile north of I-4 on US27 Exit 55
.. 111 Dunson Ln
.. Davenport, FL 33896-8315
.. (863) 424-8100 ‎

Thanks again Alan, Much appreciated!

April 30th works for me and will probably be best for the most attendance.

Any time between June 17-25 works for me.
I'm hoping to have monthly Fury get-together's and having the second gathering by June. We all need to keep your dates forefront so we Floridians can all meet you... Just keep reminding everyone... :D

Then ... choose Hooters. More protein ... I've seen the proof :rolleyes:

AND, if we get there and either of these places are too busy to host us, there's a Sonny's Pit Bar-B-Q off that same exit, as well as a Bob Evans (long as your arm, er, down on the farm) ... as well as a Roadhouse Grill, too.
We lived 3 miles north of the 98/I-4 exit about 4 years ago and "In my opinion" The Sonny's isn't all that great, the Bob Evans is really good and the Roadhouse grill is good but expensive. There is also a TGI Fridays, Beef o Brady's and Zaxby's about a mile north of I-4 at that same exit....They are pretty good as well... (I'm addicted to Zaxby's)

There are a ton of restaurants right there at that exit and one exit to the east is Socrum Loop Road, it has a Applebee's which is pretty good too...
We shouldn't have a problem finding a place in that area.

Just food for thought...

i know i am the new guy here , but i think that you should give at least 3-4 weeks notice of a set place and time in order to assure the most participation.
I agree with you for the most part but I think 2 weeks should be sufficient. Once we have a group that regularly attends we can work together and come up with a set day every month (IE: Second Saturday of every month) or something like that

I think we got a great group of people on this Forum and firmly believe we can do this. It will be allot of fun!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We've got a 4 to 4 tie for the location with myself still needing to vote. Please don't make me be the tie breaker here...

We need a couple more people in on this...9 is a great start but I'm sure there are more around here.

Poll for location ends tonight so get your votes in everyone!
(Please, I don't wanna break the tie)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Alan called and said i had to pick Hooters. Cracker Barrel has good lemonade though.... Okay Hooter it is then. Tell me when

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Alan called and said i had to pick Hooters. Cracker Barrel has good lemonade though.... Okay Hooter it is then. Tell me when
Cute. This must be "Blame it on Alan" week.

Visiting my family in MD this week, my mother tells me she's gonna read the riot act on my niece (her granddaughter) for something and if my niece asks how she found out (which was from my sister), she's going to tell her I mentioned the issue so as not to have my niece retaliate on her mother.

So, anyone else out there want to blame me for something, this is the week to do it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not to highjack, but can I order the new trees and riser for the bike and say it was for you? She never forgets though.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright guys..... I fell asleep early last night and forgot to vote so I guess I still end up being the tie breaker (Uhg!) because if I pick Cracker Barrel then we'll be deadlocked again...

In all honesty I dont care which place we hold it at both are a nice ride from my house, Hooters being further...

So, Drum Roll Please....... Alan you win.... Hooters it is!!!!

Hooter's is the confirmed meeting location for the Florida Fury Meet & Greet

3400 US 98 North
Lakeland, FL 33809
(863) 859-7772 ‎

Now we need to set a date and time in stone....

I think APRIL 30th is a good date and either a "before lunch crowd" or "after Lunch crowd" time will be a good time to all meet there...

Now everybody jump in here with your thoughts so I can put the word out on the forum as early as possible so more people see it and possibly come.

Thanks for everyone's help with this!,
Jesse

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am open to either time. The date is fine. My question now is there a ride planned for the area. We could meet and greet then ride. Or meet and ride then eat? Got to ride as a group somewhere?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I am open to either time. The date is fine. My question now is there a ride planned for the area. We could meet and greet then ride. Or meet and ride then eat? Got to ride as a group somewhere?
I am open to anything the group wants to do.... I contemplated asking this myself but I wanted to see how early everyone wanted to meet before putting a ride out there....

A ride will be great but I think we'll need to meet earlier in the day to have time to visit, eat and ride... Again, I'm just winging it right now and using all you guys suggestions to try and organize this...

I'll throw out there 10am or 11am if everyone wants to ride afterwards...That way when all is said and done it's not too late for the ones coming from far to get home before dark... Just a suggestion...

My preliminary thoughts for the day...Chime in people!!!!

10:00am Meet at Hooters
10:00am to 11:30am Visit with other owners
11:30am to 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm to ????? Group ride ending somewhere central for everyone.

Or we just set a meet time and go with how the day goes.....

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Well, the good news is ... my schedule aligns for 30April ... I was almost headed to Key West that weekend. How much would that suck if I "won" and then didn't show up to claim my "prize." :rolleyes:

As for riding before/after as a group ... I just assumed the ride was how we each got there and the site was for the meet & greet; per the title of the thread.

I should be riding up with two others: Stan (BK Kid) and Josh (BigJMain). Though, the latter still appears to be a figment of my imagination :p

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
well sirs, the 'ride' is the coolest thing- imagine 6+ cool bikes roaring through the countryside.

i'm not familiar with the area, but, a nice romp through the country side would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, the good news is ... my schedule aligns for 30April ... I was almost headed to Key West that weekend. How much would that suck if I "won" and then didn't show up to claim my "prize." :rolleyes:

As for riding before/after as a group ... I just assumed the ride was how we each got there and the site was for the meet & greet; per the title of the thread.

I should be riding up with two others: Stan (BK Kid) and Josh (BigJMain). Though, the latter still appears to be a figment of my imagination :p
I'm sure going to "Enjoy" meeting you Alan....
I can tell now this is going to be very interesting! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts