Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we just got done signing the papers to lease to own our house. They are moving in July 17th so we are on our way to the Space Coast. Can't wait to be able to ride in the winter comfortably! I know imwright and leglicker are in the area. Who else is down that way?

First long ride - Down A1A all the way to the southern most point of key west, drink some corona and margaritaville tequila on the beach, camp, and back the next day!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Man, I don't know how to tell you, but the traffic on A1A is bumper to bumper with old people, and rush hour forget it, and all the alligator crossings, 10 miles an hour. Better to do that trip on your vacation. Well, Welcome To Florida!:p

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Man, I don't know how to tell you, but the traffic on A1A is bumper to bumper with old people, and rush hour forget it, and all the alligator crossings, 10 miles an hour. Better to do that trip on your vacation. Well, Welcome To Florida!:p
Don't forget about all the goats, llamas and penguins on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Hope things go well with the move, being in the military I know how much of a pain in the butt it is, luckily I haven't had to move in the last 6 years but in the prior 13 years I moved 6 times. What are you talking about Georgia should have some good weather, now you're going to have to worry about hurricanes, tropical storms, turtle crossings, senior citizen crossings and all those other exotic animals that they have crawling around down there lol. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hi Schmud, tell ya what I will do for ya, I got Ma and PA Kettles cookbook, Varmint Cooking Made Easy, first edition, signed, hand stitched in real Possum. I will make you a PDF copy! We eat good down here, real southern fare! Just ride at night and they just freeze in your headlight, aim and throttle up, Bingo! Dinner, fresh as you can get. Saves you a bunch of money so you can buy more mods, and it is heart healthy! Bingo, got me another!:D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
space coast isnt bad im super rural palm beach area

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Christy and I have talked about moving to Florida for a while. We only moved to Atlanta for my job and hate it. Too much traffic, too much crime, too many assholes, and too many spoiled house wives with big SUVs that won't put down their damn phone!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Christy and I have talked about moving to Florida for a while. We only moved to Atlanta for my job and hate it. Too much traffic, too much crime, too many assholes, and too many spoiled house wives with big SUVs that won't put down their damn phone!
Well space coast isnt to bad for crime, but Aholes, spoiled house wives, and cagers that dont put the phone down are beyond a dime a dozen mostly anywhere in florida

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Those are things that you're going to find those types of things just about anywhere, I hate people that ride in the fast lane and go slow and I hate people that are on there phones and driving in traffic, get a damn headset if your on the phone that much!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way anyone in that area that knows anyone that has a rental unit on the beaches, prefer Satellitte Beach to Melbourne Beach, I would like to talk to them. We are looking for a 3 bed/2 bath up to $900 an month.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
By the way anyone in that area that knows anyone that has a rental unit on the beaches, prefer Satellitte Beach to Melbourne Beach, I would like to talk to them. We are looking for a 3 bed/2 bath up to $900 an month.
no clue on rentals

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Good Luck in "GODS WAITING ROOM" before A/C no one lived in FLA, ONLY KIDDING!!! TRAFFIC ect..., Sounds like CHICAGO PEOPLE, even at 4:00 am someone will ride your ass in the right lane, SEWAGE SUCKERS, TOTAL SAUSAGE HEADS around HERE! HAVE A NICE DAY!:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the Space Coast! I've lived here for twenty five years and gotta say your complaints about Ga. are pretty much the same ones you'll have here. Although, with the shuttle program shutting down and the oil spill questions...it might just be a ghost town soon!! Other than that, the area is beautiful (that is if you are into fishing, boating, surfing...basically anything to do with the beach). Oh and fair warning...get your motorcycle endorsement when you get here. My hubby and I found out the hard way not long ago. Seems Fla. changed the law without letting it's residents know and law enforcement don't need a reason now to pull ya over. Thousand bucks later and now we're legal. And again, welcome!!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Motorcycle endorsement? You mean a motorcycle license? Well I would hope that he has that already, but what you need to find out right after getting there is how long you have before you have to change over your drivers license, plates, and insurance. Might also want to check the laws on motorcycles against what mods you have done, if I'm not mistaken you cannot have a verticle plate there so just check the laws, don't need to give money to those a$$holes for a ticket when you can use that money for another mod lol.

So you're trying to find a place to rent in Florida on the beach for $900? Seems a little low for something on the beach, but never know, good luck with that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well we just got done signing the papers to lease to own our house. They are moving in July 17th so we are on our way to the Space Coast. Can't wait to be able to ride in the winter comfortably! I know imwright and leglicker are in the area. Who else is down that way?

First long ride - Down A1A all the way to the southern most point of key west, drink some corona and margaritaville tequila on the beach, camp, and back the next day!
ike miller here in central fl in winter haven,fl.
i had 4 days i could not ride this year 1 was to cold and 3 was i was to drunk.
you'll love it.
ike

1 - 20 of 28 Posts