Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I liked BigJohn141's idea of a single thread to update mod progress. So this one is mine. I'm not as mechanically inclined as...well...probably all of you, so progress may be a little slower. But so far, I'm liking the change.

Starting with a stock blue 2010....

added the oem leather fork pouch.

Then the oem sissy bar. I hated drilling holes in the fender, but went smooth.

Next was an Irate tribal flame grill.

Attached garage remote control under speedo with adhesive velcro.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next comes the oem chin fairing with L.E.D. lights. The spoiler is a little bulky for my taste, but I really like the lights, so it stays.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removed tank sticker, and Honda sticker on rear fender. Made set-on sheepskin seat pad. The wife really liked the extra padding for longer rides.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received my Cycle Graphics pack today and applied. I like the look, but am a little susspect about long term adhesion (or even short term for that matter). But if I don't like them in the future, no harm with static vinyl....comes off easily.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Received my Cycle Graphics pack today and applied. I like the look, but am a little susspect about long term adhesion (or even short term for that matter). But if I don't like them in the future, no harm with static vinyl....comes off easily.
They actually hold pretty good, ran with them for a few months before I took them off. But that was by choice as I wanted to get my bike painted and was convincing myself that I needed to paint the bike by leaving them off. Just apply heat to them every now and then, kind of like a maintenance schedule and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe Florida L.E.D. Accent Lights

Ok, got the Joe Florida kit in the mail today. Do I have the self control to let it sit until this weekend? Noooo. Slapped them on tonight. And I really like 'em.

The pictures really do not do them justice. From a distance it kind of looks like a glowing UFO coming at you. On my test ride tonight, I think just about every car I passed slowed down to see what the heck was driving down the road.

These pictures were taken in a dark garage, with no other engine lights running.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to mention that I also changed out the headlight bulb to the Sylvania Cool Blue. Still not as white as all my l.e.d.'s, but much better than the yellow tint of the original. The Fury takes the same bulb as both of my Honda cars, so I may keep trying models until I find the color I like. Any leftovers can be used in the cars when they burn out.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Forgot to mention that I also changed out the headlight bulb to the Sylvania Cool Blue. Still not as white as all my l.e.d.'s, but much better than the yellow tint of the original. The Fury takes the same bulb as both of my Honda cars, so I may keep trying models until I find the color I like. Any leftovers can be used in the cars when they burn out.
Lol, yea... that works.. I usually buy the Car pack anyways when I buy the lights, since there two in there, for when the 1 burns out :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Work today - side bag, badges, reflectors

Work done today.

Added swing arm bag. So glad I got the smaller size offered. Looks good and functional size for what I wanted. Any further out and I may not have liked it.

De-badged engine with Smiley's dials.

De-badged side covers. Popped off pretty easy, even cold. A little Goo Gone and fingernail work.

De-reflectored forks.

So far, a pretty good Saturday. A little riding too. :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
love the bike, the leather bags don't look that bad either, all i would do next is deflect the rear fender, get a stealth signal kit and replace the lolipops in front.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts