Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my new mirrors yesterday and decided to put them on today. I got one side on and it looked great. As I was puttin the other side on tradgedy struck. The mirror slipped and fell outta my hand, hit my fuel tank, bounced off my hand as I tried to grab it, and then hit the ground and broke. :eek:

As if that's not bad enough, it left a nice scratch behind on the tank:(

Anyone have input on fixing about a 2-3 inch scratch on the Matte Silver Paint??:confused:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Oh man! Good luck with that. from what I understand the touch up paint just won't be an exact match. Even if it is from the same batch you painted the tins with. I can't remember why that is. I actually had Painter send me some from the batch he painted my fender with. I already had to use it and it was a little off as he said it would be. But I suppose I would rather see a little difference in the paint then a scratch.
PM painter. He would be your best bet.
May as well get some black flames painted on there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man! Good luck with that. from what I understand the touch up paint just won't be an exact match. Even if it is from the same batch you painted the tins with. I can't remember why that is. I actually had Painter send me some from the batch he painted my fender with. I already had to use it and it was a little off as he said it would be. But I suppose I would rather see a little difference in the paint then a scratch.
Yea might have to get something paint on there if I can't get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I would get ahold of Painter on here , he is somewhat close to you. he might have good suggestions for you

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Sorry to hear it!
The matte is a bitsh to get the same feel on and color from the factory... UV RAYS will dull the paint and a match is near to impossible IMO You have to live with it unfortunately. Or repaint tank

Good luck I have a ding in my tank I will live with:(

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear it!
The matte is a bitsh to get the same feel on and color from the factory... UV RAYS will dull the paint and a match is near to impossible IMO You have to live with it unfortunately. Or repaint tank

Good luck I have a ding in my tank I will live with:(
Well I'm hoping since I haven't even had my bike for a year the fading won't be that bad. As long as the paint is fairly close I can live with that over an eyesore of a scratch.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
PM received and I'm addressing. What is it with all the scratched tanks ???? :eek: You Matte guys must be pretty clumsey !

·
Registered
788 Posts
PM received and I'm addressing. What is it with all the scratched tanks ???? :eek: You Matte guys must be pretty clumsey !
Unfortunately, it's not just the matte guys.....my adaptor stud broke in half while crusing down the road last year. Found myself trying to catch a falling mirror and stop for a stop sign at the same time. NOT TOO FUN. Saved the mirror, stopped for the sign, but got me a nice chunk of paint out of the tank, about the size of a pencil eraser.

HEY JIM>>>>GOT ANY "RED" PAINT LAYING AROUND I COULD TOUCH UP MY TANK WITH?????:D:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts