Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of things to fill the hole above the front jug and under the tank.
Maybe a chrome skull with red eyes? Maybe a set of air horns?
Then I thought, what a great place for fog lights / driving lights / light bar. That little 5" headlight could really use some help, y'know?
Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LZPD8Z/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I22TTMVUWVTL1N&colid=1SO3T3F7LCDXS
or maybe 4 of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QN512T/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1LZL2SZQMFBZ0&colid=1SO3T3F7LCDXS

Has anyone done this? I searched and didn't find any threads on it.
Let's face it the Fury is a basic bike and doesn't have what you would call a heavy duty electrical system.
The light bar would only draw 6 amps though, the smaller lights (x4) would draw 6.5 amps, so I think that would be OK fed right off the battery with an inline fuse.

Would appreciate input from anyone who is knowledgeable on the Fury's electrical system, load capacity, and essentially it's ability to handle that extra current draw.

thanks in advance
:toast:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You can always add a dedicated circuit for whatever you want, either by adding a circuit in the fuse box or right on the battery with a proper relay. Your second one pulls a lot less power. Let's be honest, NOBODY manufactures a lot of excess in anything today. That casts money. And I would say be very careful about putting color pointing forwards. Here in Colorado, any forward facing blue or red light is strictly forbidden. And they have zero tolerance for it, as they feel it leads to pretending to be a cop.

Reactions: Luap

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can always add a dedicated circuit for whatever you want, either by adding a circuit in the fuse box or right on the battery with a proper relay. Your second one pulls a lot less power. Let's be honest, NOBODY manufactures a lot of excess in anything today. That casts money. And I would say be very careful about putting color pointing forwards. Here in Colorado, any forward facing blue or red light is strictly forbidden. And they have zero tolerance for it, as they feel it leads to pretending to be a cop.
No color lights in mind, just extra forward lighting, mainly to widen the path of light to be able to see more to the left and right and let the headlight light up directly ahead.
I totally get the no colored lights thing, but thanks for pointing it out. In NY, it's illegal to run with your LED engine and ground effects lights on, even though they would clearly increase your visibility in traffic and make you safer.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Thought about the LED headlight (Daymaker) conversion for your bike? It actually throws a wider beam than stock. I can actually see into the ditches with it now.
Me personally, I wouldn't run anything in that space as those covers come off a lot for me, it's one more thing I have to take off if I'm wrenching. And I like the minimal look of the bike as it is.

But agreed above, I would personally run a dedicated circuit off of the battery with a relay.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Service Manual says the Fury's alternator is good for 381 Watt @5000RPM. . . . .
So at 14 Volts that should give you 27 Amps to play with. Running on idle @700RPM there is allready 14 V with the stock lights on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts