Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you route the wiring for the light that illuminates the plate? Painter is doing some new fenders and a tank for me and I will be moving the plate to the side. I'm not certain how to run the wires for the plate light and the installation instructions say nothing about how to route the wires!

Dick

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
How did you route the wiring for the light that illuminates the plate? Painter is doing some new fenders and a tank for me and I will be moving the plate to the side. I'm not certain how to run the wires for the plate light and the installation instructions say nothing about how to route the wires!

Dick
Wire it between the final drive and swing arm up the torque arm and its all good !!! best way no wires seen ...

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have the accutronix side mount plate and I ran the wires underneath the swing arm and used velcro to hold them and routed it up under the fender once I got to the back of the swing arm, I'm fairly anal about stuff like that and it works for me, like Billy said is a good way also but I didn't think of doing it that way and I didn't have a repair manual to know exactly what might fall of if I took the cover off to route it that way.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I pulled my original license plate light through the hole and 3 M taped it on the INSIDE of my rear fender pointing it down towards my plate and presto change O "let their be light". Highly recommend Saynes side mount LP. If u ask nicely he will through in the mounting hardware.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
i mounted my run and brake light on the side mount tag.no prob.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey 460....I thought the side mount was illegal in Va? Im a cop in the city and always follow the rules of Law. Haha. what is the real story on the side....some say...Va state will harrass you....other say....well nothing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you right me and my buddies did a poker run out 360 to 30 and up 14 in va and state police pulled us and wrote tickets to 2 of the guys that had there license plates side mounted. he said the plates was meant to be read left to right not up and down lol.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Are you looking for just a plate light or a brake light also? I didnt put a plate light on my bike. My plate sits at the right hight that the headlights from the car behind him, light up the plate pretty well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i did my side mount off the frame work under the fender the stock plate light wires were able to reach back to the stock location.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lighting plate options

I did something like smiley.

I ran a light under the fender shining down.

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
Mounted a white 5 LED cluster inside between my fender and frame. Ran the LED wires through the tube of the once lobster tail for the stock plate location. It came out just under the brake light. Soldered to stock wires and heated heat shrink. Extra wire was tucked away and zip tied. Looks clean.

Don't get mad, get Furious!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I pulled my original license plate light through the hole and 3 M taped it on the INSIDE of my rear fender pointing it down towards my plate and presto change O "let their be light". Highly recommend Saynes side mount LP. If u ask nicely he will through in the mounting hardware.
This is what I did. I ziptied it up inside the fender. It throws plenty of illumination.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts