Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheers people, just bought used 2015 fury and had a "Honda Fury Eliminator LED Integrated Brake and Turn Signal Kit". I was putting back original tail light. Harness connectors was cut off, so i cut off connectors from light . Spliced and soldered, heat shrink wires together all good. I noticed the foot brake the brake light doesn't come on. there was only 1 brake light wire , i think it was green and yellow. The brake light works with the hand brake. But foot brake the light doesn't come on. Hand brake the light works , so assume the wires in harness are ok.
I was looking around and see previous owner replaced horn with bigger horn. it doesn't look like he touched the harness, just thought id mention".
i think the problem might be around the foot brake lever but everything is so cramped together , its hard to get my hands in around there and hard to see.
i was thinking maybe the Relay, but hand brakes work.

Could the be electrical or mechanical ??

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Cheers people, just bought used 2015 fury and had a "Honda Fury Eliminator LED Integrated Brake and Turn Signal Kit". I was putting back original tail light. Harness connectors was cut off, so i cut off connectors from light . Spliced and soldered, heat shrink wires together all good. I noticed the foot brake the brake light doesn't come on. there was only 1 brake light wire , i think it was green and yellow. The brake light works with the hand brake. But foot brake the light doesn't come on. Hand brake the light works , so assume the wires in harness are ok.
I was looking around and see previous owner replaced horn with bigger horn. it doesn't look like he touched the harness, just thought id mention".
i think the problem might be around the foot brake lever but everything is so cramped together , its hard to get my hands in around there and hard to see.
i was thinking maybe the Relay, but hand brakes work.

Could the be electrical or mechanical ??
If you look closely at your foot brake lever you will notice a small wire/spring that goes up to a brake switch. There is a ring around the switch that has splines/finger grips. That is for adjustment. Turn the ring to adjust the switch, up, further away from the pedal and then test it again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look closely at you foot brake lever you will notice a small wire/spring that goes up to a brake switch. There is a ring around the switch that has splines/finger grips. That is for adjustment. Turn the ring to adjust the switch, up, further away from the pedal and then test it again.
Kbuskill , you the man 👍 👍 👍 , that was the problem TG, If i went to the dealer probably would have charged me 3 hours and parts and $500 out the door. Or maybe he would have been honest. the dealer near me gets $120 an hour, i guess reasonable but the hours would add up fast.

This is a great Forum, i wish i had experience to help people, well now i know if some one asks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hay K, I'm asking cause i just bought this Fury 2 weeks ago. My bike is 2015 with 3800 miles. The manuel says every 8000 miles but its almost 5 years old . I should change the oil correct ???

Also i youtube fury oil change and can only find oil change for the VTX with 2 drain plugs. Does the fury have the same 2 drain plugs as the VTX?? is my engine the VTX??? I know I'm stupid..lol

Thanks for the foot brake/ light advise. Went on a ride for Autism today , it was cold but it was Kool.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Yes. I would change the oil... it's cheap insurance.

Yes. The Fury has two oil drain plugs.

It isn't exactly the VTX engine but it is basically the fuel injected version of the VTX engine with only minor changes.

You are very welcome. Always glad to help.

That is awesome about the autism ride. My wife works with many autistic children at her school.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts