Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned last week in another thread about a set of foot peg plates with highway peg mounts. The reason for this, is most clamp onto the down tubes damaging the paint. The other option is a bulky crash at, which are usually ugly and do nothing for the bike. These are still in raw material, I didn't spend a lot of time sanding them down because I m not sure how they will fly. Once again, feedback is the best information.
Grey Wood Tool Font Metal
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Looks good! I would need to see how that compares to the factory peg mounts just for placement purposes (will go stare at mine here in a minute).

Right side might look better with rounding the rear-facing corner a bit more if you can. Just my $0.02 How does that fit from a clearance perspective for the pipes? i.e. can you remove/replace the front pipe without having to remove the peg mount plate?

How do the feel fit-wise? I know that's always going to be subjective per person and vary with their inseam, etc....

But as always, quality crafstmanship, even if they are still in raw form.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main foot pegs are in the exact place as the factory, the clearance for the pipe doesn't change. Everything involved that was factory is identical. I'm 6'3" and the top is comfortable for me. I would say if you are between 5'9" and 6' 5", they are spot on. The shape will probably change as they evolve, but I'm pretty sure the design will stay pretty much that size.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I think they look great, the only thing my design mind questions is the rigidity of the plate and the potential large moment it's putting on those lower bolts. The rigidity issue could be solved with some gusseting/stiffener ribs on the inside, which could maybe double as...a holder for something? Who knows. Either way I love new ideas, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks good. Reminds me of mine but I like the one piece design better. I wouldn’t worry about the bolts too much I can put a lot of pressure on mine and they are solid. There’s no way I could reach those though and I’m 5-10.
Wheel Tire Bicycle Crankset Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Looks good. Reminds me of mine but I like the one piece design better. I wouldn’t worry about the bolts too much I can put a lot of pressure on mine and they are solid. There’s no way I could reach those though and I’m 5-10.
View attachment 242899
Two things I love about that....

1. 2011 Pearl White Furys are THE BEST OF THEM ALL! (yes, I am totally biased, but that has nothing to do with facts!)
2. I'm diggin the cutouts/windows in the extensions and the overall curve/profile

In the end I love both designs and I am super thankful we have some serious talent that brings some truly custom options to the community. I ride all the time with my heels on the factory pegs, so a way to stretch out and relax a bit without marring my frame or major/expensive mods to the factory pegs is a huge plus!!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 242899
I actually made some torque arm bars similar to your highway peg brackets. That is a great design.

·
Registered
2011 Fury
802 Posts
I think they look great, the only thing my design mind questions is the rigidity of the plate and the potential large moment it's putting on those lower bolts. The rigidity issue could be solved with some gusseting/stiffener ribs on the inside, which could maybe double as...a holder for something? Who knows. Either way I love new ideas, thanks for sharing!
Ah! Engineer talk… moment, rigidity, gussets, it’s like whispering sweet nothings in my ear!!! 🤣

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Ah! Engineer talk… moment, rigidity, gussets, it’s like whispering sweet nothings in my ear!!! 🤣
Yeah unfortunately I can't help it...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. It's 4340, so rigidity and strength isn't in question.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Not worried about strength of the material in the shear direction at all (or in general), worried about the prying moment down at the bolt heads for any directional forces applied toward the center of the bike. That's a big moment arm and can absolutely translate to a high force to those bolts. If one uses cheap hardware (or stainless for that matter) there's potential for the bolt to fail in tension or shear the threads. Not going to do the calculation since I spend all day doing this stuff, it's just something to keep in mind when one is relying on bolts to act in preload and as a shear feature. Regardless, I'm sure it will be fine.

·
Registered
2010 Fury
258 Posts
I also am concerned, but not about strength. More about vibration induced failure. That's quite an eccentric load once you add pegs. Interested to see how it holds up. If I was casting one, I would add a rib to the back (same effect as a gusset, just prettier). Hope they work. You know I enjoy your other work!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts