Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned last week in another thread about a set of foot peg plates with highway peg mounts. The reason for this, is most clamp onto the down tubes damaging the paint. The other option is a bulky crash at, which are usually ugly and do nothing for the bike. These are still in raw material, I didn't spend a lot of time sanding them down because I m not sure how they will fly. Once again, feedback is the best information.
Grey Wood Tool Font Metal
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main foot pegs are in the exact place as the factory, the clearance for the pipe doesn't change. Everything involved that was factory is identical. I'm 6'3" and the top is comfortable for me. I would say if you are between 5'9" and 6' 5", they are spot on. The shape will probably change as they evolve, but I'm pretty sure the design will stay pretty much that size.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good. Reminds me of mine but I like the one piece design better. I wouldn’t worry about the bolts too much I can put a lot of pressure on mine and they are solid. There’s no way I could reach those though and I’m 5-10.
View attachment 242899
I actually made some torque arm bars similar to your highway peg brackets. That is a great design.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they look great, the only thing my design mind questions is the rigidity of the plate and the potential large moment it's putting on those lower bolts. The rigidity issue could be solved with some gusseting/stiffener ribs on the inside, which could maybe double as...a holder for something? Who knows. Either way I love new ideas, thanks for sharing!
Thanks. It's 4340, so rigidity and strength isn't in question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts