Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
used freedom exhaust pipes for sale. on scale of one to ten, id rate them a 8. no scratches on chrome, but very light hazing on front pipe, probably caused by wind buffeting pant leg against pipes. and a small hazing on rear of front pipe, smaller than a dime. On the bottom of the front pipe is a drag mark, where the pipes rubbed the ground, before the fork extensions were added. You can not see the drag mark when installed on the bike. if your a slow cruiser, you should have no problems, if you like going fast and leaning, you will need the fork extensions. includes mounting bracket and bolts. bolt on and go, attaches to stock rear mount.

selling cause I just bought the bike, and dont want to pay the extra money to have the ecu reflashed/air intake. plus, i dont have a local tuner nearby, and my honda shop doesnt do that. I do love the look of these pipes, and the sound, but gonna be selling the fury soon, so trying to save money.

asking 400 plus shipping, or best offer. I will enclose shipping receipt so you will know Im not gouging you on shipping cost. whatever they charge will be all. email me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,715 Posts
Save more money and sell as is. Very few people on here will buy from a 1 time poster.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
selling cause I just bought the bike, and dont want to pay the extra money to have the ecu reflashed/air intake. plus, i dont have a local tuner nearby, and my honda shop doesnt do that. I do love the look of these pipes, and the sound, but gonna be selling the fury soon, so trying to save money.
If only the pipes are changed, you don't need to retune the ECU. The bike will run okay as it is.
You just bought the bike and you're selling it soon. Wrong bike for you ?

Good luck on your sale.

Reactions: Kbuskill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I love about forums, you can ask a question about a gun, and some guy starts talking about squirrels, then he and another guy get into a argument about squirrels, then they make up after three pages, and the guys original question or item for sale, got lost in bewteen squirrel talk.

Im 60 years old, I buy, enjoy, and sell bikes and cars, guns whatever. the last bike this past septemeber was a hayabusa, 05 perfect condition, rode it and enjoyed it but it cramped my legs, Im 6'3. I took good care of it as i do all my vehciles, sold it to a guy, who was so impressed, by the way I represented the bike and the condition, that he didnt even offer me a lower price. two summers ago, had a vmax, second year unrestricted, a guy drove three hours, after talking to me, and seeing the bike, he didnt even test drive it. he drove it three hours home and called me back and thanked me, and said he wished i lived closer because I was the type of guy he would like to ride with.

Im the guy who parks his cars way out in the parking lot, takes care of the little things, cleans even the bottoms of the bike. when i sell or buy something the one thing i do is make sure there are no surprises. I over explain to the point it looks better in person. normally when you buy its the other way around, they say it looks great, and you get there and its junk, I drove two hours to look at a 350z in nashville, only to find it had body damage. so I understand. ended up buying a 350z out of kansas, told the guy to tell me every little detail, if i was going to be surprised I wanted a good surprise in that the vehicle is better in person. met in st louis, and bought the car. kept it a year and sold it. So thats how I sell, you will get no bad surprises from me, it will be better than described. I have owned old porsches, mustangs, favorite was a shelby cobra kit car. that is the only vehicle i regret selling. but when I do sell, i get thanks for the way it was represented, and I dont sell junk, not worth it...worth it to own, or worth it to sell.

I have owned harleys, sportbikes, honda pacific coast, cafe bikes. have even cafe'd a couple of bikes, even making a couple of the seats. at one point i had a harley, fz6, yamaha xs 650, and a honda 45o (which i eventually made into a bobber) in my small garage at one time. not rich, just got a open loan at the bank on the house,when i see a good deal I buy it, enjoy it then sell it. Never once, never have i screwed someone. NEVER.
Once i went into work and they said "what did you buy today" sort of joking, and I replied, "a RV" ya, bought it drove it to work, and slept in it at lunch, took the kids out one time, they werent impressed, so I sold it. also bought a 57 bsa bantamm weight out of austrailia, and had it shipped here, a year later sold it to a guy starting a museum in st louis. told a guy at work I just bought a fury, and he said, " how long are you going to keep it?" and i said, "who knows"

I could have and still can sell the pipes on ebay, and have 100 good feed back, but that will cost some in fee's and means I would have less room for any price negotiation. so I thought I would try a forum, especially a fury specific forum but if that ends up in squirrel talk or negitivity, I will move on. plenty of other options,and who knows, I might keep them, get ecu flashed, change air intake and enjoy it longer. I have represented the pipes with detailed pictures, you will get no negitive surprises, better than represented. and a good way for both of us to save money.

in closing, Im not into counter ramblings or squirrel talk, and will not respond to any future negitive comments. I do feel sorry for ones who have nothing better to do than be negitive, and talk about squirrels, and to those "SALTY" ones I have two words.

enjoy life.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Um, ok, thanks for sharing?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Hey! Leave the squirrels out of it. I'll tolerate no disrespect toward squirrels.

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
in closing, Im not into counter ramblings or squirrel talk, and will not respond to any future negitive comments. I do feel sorry for ones who have nothing better to do than be negitive, and talk about squirrels, and to those "SALTY" ones I have two words.

enjoy life.
LOL "squirrel talk" That does happen a lot and I fear I am one of several on here who likes to talk about squirrels, but I don't want to derail your thread any further than others, as well as yourself, may have already derailed it.

I just don't see why you think anyone was being negative. Maybe there was a negative post that got deleted and I didn't see it. The fella's up above were just trying to help you out from what I can see. I've known them long enough to know they wouldn't do that to someone, especially a new member.

As AV8R said, good luck and hope your sale goes well for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, sorry

Hey! Leave the squirrels out of it. I'll tolerate no disrespect toward squirrels.
Sorry, no disrespect intended. I promise that if i sell the pipes, I will make a small donation, to the SAVE A SQUIRREL, fund.

LOL, thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
realization

LOL "squirrel talk" That does happen a lot and I fear I am one of several on here who likes to talk about squirrels, but I don't want to derail your thread any further than others, as well as yourself, may have already derailed it.

As AV8R said, good luck and hope your sale goes well for you.
I never realized squirrels were so funny, until now, thanks for helping me to realize how much i really do like them, lol.

thanks appreciated

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Sorry, no disrespect intended. I promise that if i sell the pipes, I will make a small donation, to the SAVE A SQUIRREL, fund.

LOL, thanks
LMAO!
That's much better. Now we can all be friends. :grin:
Somebody buy these pipes so the "save the squirrel fund" can live on!

·
Premium Member
13,715 Posts
I looked at the pipes myself but I already have a set of Cobra swepts I am fixing to cut. I meant no disrespect either. There have been a couple people come on here and hurt some folks badly and they are wary.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
I say keep the pipes and get the bike Reflashed... You will have a hell of a lot more fun with it in the mean time and if you do decide to sell it, it certainly won't hurt any potential buyers feelings... I can promise you that.

Besides, after the reflash you might just decide to keep her and stick around here with us, we are not like most forums, we're a pretty tight knit group and tend to watch out for one another.

Oh, and around here your "squirrel talk" is called Spaghetti... Lol

Good luck with whatever you decide..... Free bump to the top.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I say keep the pipes and get the bike Reflashed... You will have a hell of a lot more fun with it in the mean time and if you do decide to sell it, it certainly won't hurt any potential buyers feelings... I can promise you that.

Besides, after the reflash you might just decide to keep her and stick around here with us, we are not like most forums, we're a pretty tight knit group and tend to watch out for one another.

Oh, and around here your "squirrel talk" is called Spaghetti... Lol

Good luck with whatever you decide..... Free bump to the top.
I sincerely hope you're not disrespecting squirrels. Having mentioned them in the same sentence as spaghetti is on the verge of blasphemy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks, appreciated.

I understand where your coming from now. And being a ex Marine, I can appreciate someone having my back. thats rare and appreciated.

Im the type of person who would rather take a loss, than lose my integrity. gaining a few bucks is not worth having to live with doing wrong to someone. thats a down hill slope that I will not travel. I have taken several losses, but have done the right thing. From loosing 3 grand on the sale of a house to a friend, because of a mistake found at closing...but I told my wife, thats what we agreed to sell it for, and I ate the 3k. to smaller things like selling a guitar on ebay, and the guy didnt want insurance. so instead of taking a risk that it could get damaged in shipping, I paid the insurance.
he called me the best seller on ebay...lol

anyway, if I sell the pipes, fine, if I dont, thats ok too. they look better on the bike. anytime I buy a bike I always ride it, and sometimes I keep it for years, sometimes only months.

with the support I have seen in this posting, I am more inclined to keep it, especially if we can talk more about squirrels. lol

thanks again, appreciated

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
thanks, appreciated.

I understand where your coming from now. And being a ex Marine, I can appreciate someone having my back. thats rare and appreciated.

Im the type of person who would rather take a loss, than lose my integrity. gaining a few bucks is not worth having to live with doing wrong to someone. thats a down hill slope that I will not travel. I have taken several losses, but have done the right thing. From loosing 3 grand on the sale of a house to a friend, because of a mistake found at closing...but I told my wife, thats what we agreed to sell it for, and I ate the 3k. to smaller things like selling a guitar on ebay, and the guy didnt want insurance. so instead of taking a risk that it could get damaged in shipping, I paid the insurance.
he called me the best seller on ebay...lol

anyway, if I sell the pipes, fine, if I dont, thats ok too. they look better on the bike. anytime I buy a bike I always ride it, and sometimes I keep it for years, sometimes only months.

with the support I have seen in this posting, I am more inclined to keep it, especially if we can talk more about squirrels. lol

thanks again, appreciated
Keep the bike!! This is a great forum, lots of good people, great information, and not to mention, it's the sexiest bike out there. Compared to all the other bikes there are not that many Fury's, and they always turn heads. I get compliments from my buddies every time we ride, and they've seen the bike before!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts